Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

View Poll Results: which film should i choose?
Carrie 1976 1 7.14%
The Shining 1980 6 42.86%
The Exorcist 1973 7 50.00%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-04-2013, 08:35 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by abritch View Post
i most definitely did not say this was a family event.

we present a classic film every month, so far The War of The Worlds 1953, Psycho 1960, Back to the Future 1985, Willow 1988. Future films under consideration, after the horror film this Halloween, The Towering Inferno, Fantastic Voyage, The French Connection, Apocalypse Now, Platoon, King Creole, Loving You, The Longest Day, Gone With The Wind,
Frankenstein 1931, Grand Prix, American Graffitti, Enter the Dragon and many others.

as you can see it is a varied list.

Anthony
Got ya. Knowing all that, and it has the laws of Canada, helps a lot. That being the case, you already know your audience pretty well. Let's just assume you already know all of these films content are OK with the audience. Then I'd recommend one of these, which will keep everyone wide awake, on the edge of their seat, and produce discussion:

The Exorcist
Poltergeist
The Thing 1982

From one who considers himself to have a high attention span for film, it's subtler aspects, not to mention an avid documentary viewer, I think The Shinning has some rather slow periods for some. Carrie is a nice choice as well; depends on what subject matter you think would have the most interest.

Old 08-05-2013, 03:22 PM
Little Boo

thank you Sculpt, good suggestions.
it would be cool to show the Thing 1982 and its original from 1951 on the same night.
We're thinking of the Saturday night before Halloween trying to draw in the late teens and adults primarily. We're also going to make it a drive for the food bank.
Old 08-17-2013, 12:05 PM
Little Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by abritch View Post
thank you Sculpt, good suggestions.
it would be cool to show the Thing 1982 and its original from 1951 on the same night.
We're thinking of the Saturday night before Halloween trying to draw in the late teens and adults primarily. We're also going to make it a drive for the food bank.
Hi im a new member but I personly love the original The Thing and not sure how many teens would want to sit through it but it really is very good to say the least. But good luck none the less.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:43 AM
Little Boo

The exorcist by far has scenes that children shouldn't watch. One in particular.
Carrie has nudity but it's nowhere near as bad. I agree about Poltergeist. It's a really great movie. I would recommend maybe the exorcist 3 also because it's not too related to the first film and can be enjoyable without watching the first 2.
Old 09-05-2013, 01:10 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

You obviously left out the Canadian classic, Ilsa, She-Wolf of the SS.
Old 09-05-2013, 03:59 PM
Little Boo

Poltergeist

Thank you everyone for your input, we've decided
to go with Poltergeist.

October 27th - anyone in the Chilliwack BC area
mark it on your calendar. Cottonwood cinemas.

Print advertising will start next week, in theatre ads
and trailers oct 1 and radio ads on oct 15.

We're hoping for a good turnout, capacity is 165.

Anthony