Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-03-2013, 02:33 PM
Little Boo

Horror movie scene for Halloween decoration

Last year I started projecting scary videos on the big front windows of my house leading up to and during Halloween. I project from the inside of my house using a computer and projector onto white fabric so that everyone outside can see it. This year I'm adding the front door into the fun and I could use some help picking some scary scenes to display. I currently have the door image created and it will animate to open and show...something. I was thinking of having a kid friendly version like a Monsters Inc. scene, but I also wanted a "holy crap that is scary" scene too. I can program multiple different scenes for when the door opens and I thought of one - the hallway scene in The Shining with the twins standing there. Isn't there a scene in the original Halloween where Michael is slowly walking down a hospital hallway? It has to be a still frame shot (no panning or zooming) and the perspective needs to look like you are looking into my house (preferably in color). Any ideas? I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks.
Old 09-04-2013, 07:30 AM
Midnight toker

Exorcist III hospital corridor scene is probably worth a watch, along with basically every Don Coscarelli movie that almost always features some sort of long corridor shot (Phantasm, Bubba Ho Tep).... Also might be worth looking at some close-up reveals like say, Hellraiser "Jesus Wept". Can imagine that type of thing working quite well. Also the Halloween hospital chase scene will be in Halloween 2, but bare in mind a lot of the hallway chase stuff will be shot from Michaels perspective so probably wont really work too well for what you want.
Old 09-04-2013, 07:50 AM
For Vendetta

The library ghost from Ghost Busters could be a real scare. Another good one is the Headless Horseman galloping towards the screen in Sleepy Hollow.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straker View Post
Exorcist III hospital corridor scene is probably worth a watch.
1ST one that came to mind
Old 09-04-2013, 10:56 AM
Little Boo

Thanks for the suggestions...I will check them out.
Old 09-04-2013, 11:06 AM
Horror Fan

Maybe something from Nosferatu? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCI08PivCSw

Good luck with your project.

Old 09-04-2013, 11:27 AM
Evil Dead

That is such a brilliant idea :-D I applaud the effort you're putting into it. Hallowe'en is one of the lesser celebrated festivals in the UK.

Just wanted to say that anyway, as I don't really have any suggestions that haven't already been posted.

I thought of Rob Zombie's Halloween remake which has some pretty spooky corridor shots after the rape scene when Myers escapes his cell, but firstly they're probably not very effective out of context, and secondly iirc they're shot from floor-level as well so wouldn't work on that score either.

My only other thought off the top of my head, is screenshots from Half-Life :-)