Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-22-2009, 11:32 AM
She's under the stairs

Doomsday

I liked it a lot more than when I saw it at the cinema, probably because I had no expectations this time.

7/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx
Because you want his maggot ridden dick dontcha
Old 02-22-2009, 12:02 PM
Analrapist

The Wrestler - Gut-wrenching. I didn't believe the hype, but Mickey Rourke broke my heart in this one. I'll be rooting for him tonight.

Thug means never having to say you're sorry.
Old 02-22-2009, 01:04 PM
Scares Little Kids

Quarintine. 'Twas a bloody waste of my time an' money......
Old 02-22-2009, 01:42 PM
Analrapist

Vicky Cristina Barcelona - Disappointing and rather banal. Even Penelope Cruz's "Oscar winning" performance.

Thug means never having to say you're sorry.
Old 02-22-2009, 02:06 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
The Reader

Very well acted, and beautifully shot...but plotwise, it was somewhat dull. Even though they were very well portrayed, there weren't many characters that you could care about, not enough of the story was told. It's rare that I want a movie to be longer, but this really would have benefited from about 15-20 minutes worth of backstory for Winslett's character. As is, it was a great performance wasted on a relatively flat character.

Still...very well made. The cinematography is simply stunning.
Old 02-22-2009, 07:32 PM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geddy View Post
Bonnie and Clyde (1967) - 10/10.

One of my new favourite films, Warren Beaty is so awesome in this.
One of my favorite films of all time.

My Name Is Bruce

A total fanboy's wetdream. I thought it was cute. Bruce was, well, Bruce, but it rang too much Three Amigos for me.

It was obviously meant to be esoteric. It had a bunch of funny moments, Bruce Campbell inside jokes, but, ultimately, I think I wanted more. More ridiculousness. More over-the-top humor and silly situations.

I guess I was a little disappointed.

3/5 (extra points because it's Bruce)

Rest Stop

What a surprise. I picked this movie from Netflix Instant-Watch with little to no expectations and it actually delivered a wonderfully bizarre fucked up punch in the face. Fantastic atmosphere - A constant feeling of dislocation - the lines between real and unreal are distorted, so you're not sure if or when you'll be safe.

It's not a perfect movie, by any means, and it's CLEARLY low-budget, but the direction is absolutely solid and the acting impressive. I was actually cringing at some points. It's a bizarre, fucked-up little indie flick. I wish that movies like this were the baseline of random indie horror flicks (as opposed to the 70% GOD AWFUL TRIPE out there).

I'd actually recommend this flick if you're looking for a sharp, gritty, torture, slasher, low-buget flick. It delivers.

3.5/5

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 02-22-2009, 08:34 PM
Misanthrope

Yeh Rest Stop was better than I thought it would be still pretty forgettable however. I liked Wrong Turn a lot more. Have you seen Vacancy? You'd dig it if you liked Rest Stop.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:41 PM
Evil Dead

I watched Inside / À l'intérieur last night together with my girlfriend.

I gotta say, this is one blew me away. I loved every minute of this flick. If you have not watched this yet, go get a hold of it.

The whole atmosphere in this one is just creepy and intense. I did not have that usual "how much time is left?" feeling. I did not check my watch once. Only thing is, if you're not a fan of gore, this is not for you. And should you happen to be pregnant, this one is definately not for you.. Really.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:01 PM
mostly ghostly?

Dead Like Me: Life After Death (2009)

I have to admit, I couldn't help but think it seemed full of unfulfilled possibilities, so it really comes off more as a long episode of the show. That being said, it's not necessarily a bad thing. I really enjoyed the series, so it was really quite a pleasant way to spend an hour and half, just like watching the show.

If you're a fan of the series, then I don't think it'll let you down (except Rube is gone, and Daisy is played by a different actress, and thus she's pretty much a completely different character). I thought all of the players reprised their roles quite well. I also heard that the success of this film could bring about a resurrection of either the show, or another film perhaps, if sales are good enough. So be sure to buy a copy of the DVD.

At any rate, definitely recommended for fans of the show. I'm not sure it has too much to offer to anyone that didn't watch Dead Like Me, although I could be wrong.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:54 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
Christine
cool little old school horror flick.
watched Taken again with some friends. Not quite as cool as the first time i watched it, but still pretty damn cool!

Click for B-Movie reviews!