Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Comics

Old 02-29-2024, 08:39 PM
Hellraiser

‘Universal Monsters: Frankenstein’ – Skybound Entertainment Resurrects Iconic Monster

https://bloody-disgusting.com/comics...-comic-series/

Mary Shelley’s 1818 novel Frankenstein remains as influential as ever, with numerous notable adaptations and horror movies inspired by the literary classic released in the last year alone. That extends to comics, too, with Skybound Entertainment revealing via IGN today that they’re reviving the horror icon with comic series Universal Monsters: Frankenstein.

Universal Monsters: Frankenstein #1 will be released on August 28, 2024.

The four-issue limited series will be written and drawn by The Silver Coin creator Michael Walsh. The limited series follows up Skybound’s Universal Monsters: Dracula and Universal Monsters: Creature From the Black Lagoon series.

Like its predecessors, Universal Monsters: Frankenstein won’t be a straightforward adaptation. In the comic, “Dr. Henry Frankenstein robs a police officer’s grave to find body parts for his new creation, only to discover that the officer’s son is still yearning for his dead father. How does this discovery impact both creature and creator?”

“The story of Dr. Frankenstein and his poor, misunderstood monster is one of the most recognizable and influential horror tales ever told… It’s also one of my favorites,” said Walsh in a press release. “The original 1931 film from Universal Pictures is a continuing inspiration for my art and storytelling, so, as you can imagine, I was honored to be able to play in that sandbox. Trying to tell an original story while staying true to the canon of that film was an exciting yet daunting prospect. It’s been some of the most fun I’ve had making comic books, and I know that fans of Frankenstein and horror will have a blast experiencing these characters and iconic scenes like never before.”

“Michael Walsh’s take on Frankenstein feels like a comic book classic in the making,” said Alex Antone, Editorial Director at Skybound. “While each issue stands alone as its own vignette, in a way that only he can, Michael has brilliantly sewn together a brand-new perspective which both lovingly adapts the Universal Pictures film and breathes new life into one of the most important horror stories of all-time.”
Old 03-03-2024, 05:17 AM
Evil Dead

Wink

Dwight Frye was a creepy little guy in the film, who drops the brain or picked the wrong one. Whatever. I cannot quite remember, but the original 1931 film is diamond.

He also played the lawyer in the castle, who cut himself in front of Dracula, prompting Bela Lugosi to work up an appetite.