Old 01-16-2009, 08:39 PM
Evil Dead

My Bloody Valentine

Let me save you the money. I'd rather pack fudge with my dog than to have to sit through this pile of **** again. I figured the movie would suck but I thought the 3D effects would make it worthwhile, yes? You want to waste your money and have a horrible time than pull down your pants and let Clay Aiken out of his cage because that would be more exciting than waiting in a line as long as my Ron Jeremy's dick for 45 minutes than sitting through this. I've seen 3D movies from 10 years ago at Disney that were 100x times better. Don't be fooled by the trailer, nothing really comes out of the screen at you. You want 3D? Bang your girl while your watching the movie cause she'll be the only one cummin at you. It felt like you were in the movie at parts, I'll give it that. The acting was so bad the audience was laughing, pathetic. Quite possibly the worst movie I have ever seen. Walk in with your legs spread cause your gonna get ****ed, $22 for two people. The only positive was some funny scenes, thats it. Save your money!
Old 01-17-2009, 02:37 AM
Undead

Send a message via Yahoo to lyricist
hahha of course nothing is coming out of the screen at u, but i enjoyed it. i had never seen a 3D movie before so this was my first and i loved the way it looked. i don't know how to describe it, but it really does look as if something is coming at u, like when the tree went thru the windshield, that was great.. i also loved the script....

SPOILER SPOILER, DO NOT SCROLL DOWN CUZ I MAY GIVE AWAY A SPOILER, I REPEAT, DO NOT SCROLL DOWN AND READ(OR JUST BLUR YOUR VISION)IF U DONT WANT TO KNOW A POSSIBLE ENDING...

OK at the beginning of the movie, i thought i knew who the killer was and whoever wrote this script knew fans of the original would see this and played with our minds from what they already knew about the original film.. i loved them for that when the film was over that was great. the gore is what REAL horror movies need to get back to
Old 01-17-2009, 10:12 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
hahha of course nothing is coming out of the screen at u, but i enjoyed it. i had never seen a 3D movie before so this was my first and i loved the way it looked. i don't know how to describe it, but it really does look as if something is coming at u, like when the tree went thru the windshield, that was great.. i also loved the script....
First off I've seen numerous 3D movies in Florida where objects literally came at you that had me dodging and at some points I had to turn away cause it was so real. Not one scene did I even slightly flinch. This being your first 3D movie I can understand why you enjoyed it but if you were in my shoes and you've seen 3D movies where snakes were slithering towards you and it looked as though it was less an inch away from your face than you may have a different opinion. I can't believe you say gore is what movies need to get back too. Gore is what horror movies are about? Dude are you serious? All the horror movies lately are all gore and no plot or originality. This is what horror has come to; gore, nudity, and cheap CGI scares.

What amazes me is how people say they liked the script and acting. The acting is some of the worst acting I've ever seen. And I loved how every time the killer is chasing someone they fall down, literally every time. The script was your basic slasher script, nothing original. Throughout the whole movie it's just scenes of oh...heres the killer chasing some dumbass who trips over everything, screaming while the killer is in her face and doesn't even attempt to get away. Thats all the movie is, a bunch of random death scenes. Completely unoriginal movie.

Last edited by Shady; 01-17-2009 at 10:15 AM.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:04 AM
Undead

Send a message via Yahoo to lyricist
well unlike my hiphop music, i personally like my horror movies dumbed completely down. never been into psycological thinking films like THE OTHERS. definately not saying they are bad, but just not into them. i wanna see, violence, nudity, blood, violence, death, and more violence. but it's different strokes for different folks. never said the acting was great,but it's a horror movie. what slasher rated R horror film has ever won an oscar? i grew up watching those same type of films in the 80s and i obviusly never grew out of them ahhaahahah. and i don't know why u were expecting too much originality from a remake.

Last edited by lyricist; 01-17-2009 at 12:04 PM.
Old 01-17-2009, 01:44 PM
Tenant

Wow. Those are some of the worst analogies I've ever seen.

I've heard this is actually a lot of fun. I'm still considering it.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:17 AM
HDC Idol

Yeah, I've actually been meaning to utterly RAVE about this film.

Alky - Listen to Chrono: Quite frankly - Best $24 I spent in the theater in a very very long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady View Post
I can't believe you say gore is what movies need to get back too. Gore is what horror movies are about? Dude are you serious? All the horror movies lately are all gore and no plot or originality. This is what horror has come to; gore, nudity, and cheap CGI scares.

What amazes me is how people say they liked the script and acting. The acting is some of the worst acting I've ever seen. And I loved how every time the killer is chasing someone they fall down, literally every time. The script was your basic slasher script, nothing original. Throughout the whole movie it's just scenes of oh...heres the killer chasing some dumbass who trips over everything, screaming while the killer is in her face and doesn't even attempt to get away. Thats all the movie is, a bunch of random death scenes. Completely unoriginal movie.

My Bloody Valentine is a complete and utter homage to the 80s slasher film. The POINT of the gore is to emphasize and sensationalize an entire DECADE of horror that was obsessed with sex, blood, knives, and penetration. Each kill shot was composed BRILLIANTLY and giving nod to everything from Friday the 13th to Fulci's Zombie II.

Why is the script unoriginal and derivative? WHY do you have your pitiful fleeing victims repeatedly falling over themselves?! BECAUSE IT'S A PURPOSEFUL DERIVATION! My Bloody Valentine is spoofing the horror that came before, and EVEN spoofing splatter geniuses that came after! (I mean, part of the POINT of the splatterpunk genre is trying to one-up what came before you... Well, what better way to outdo your predecessors BUT DO IT IN 3D!!!!) Gratuitous? Superfluous? Unnecessary? ABSOLUTELY!!!!!

But did my boyfriend and I love it??? - ABSOLUTELY!!!

While the casual (pedestrian) horror viewer might look at this film as complete and utter horror tripe, My Bloody Valentine is an intelligent esoteric nod to horror fanboys.

It's obviously not for you. If you hate My Bloody Valentine, you're missing the point.

For fans of the genre, however - Absolutely go see this film.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 01-19-2009, 12:15 PM
Ash3292

I thought it was worth atleast one watch and yeah it wasnt the greatest movie but me an my friends had a laugh at some of it and it definetly wasnt the worst movie Ive seen witha 6786 count movie collection ive seen some bad movies , wasnt the best wasnt the worst worth one watch just for the experience
Old 01-19-2009, 03:18 PM
HDC Resident Cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
Yeah, I've actually been meaning to utterly RAVE about this film.
Quite frankly - Best $24 I spent in the theater in a very very long time.
Sold...I'm taking the lady this week.

Thanks, Chrono. :cool:
Old 01-19-2009, 05:16 PM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by illdojo View Post
Sold...I'm taking the lady this week.

Thanks, Chrono. :cool:
AWESOME! Let me know what you think!

It's an utter blast - Definitely a fantastic date movie for the horror couple. We saw it opening night with an audience filled with adolescents - Some of them fanboys and some of them the stereotypical target demo looking for a thrill and an excuse to pull their girlfriends into their laps... I felt a little out of place, but I think that the two of us appreciated it more than anyone else - it plays on horror cliches (from pathetic stumbling victims to the iconic Mike Myers head tilt) while creating a fantastically human monster.

Some of the shots are so well composed that I giggled with veritable fanboy glee. And BLOOD SPLATTER GORE IN 3D!!! You really can't go wrong. :D

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 01-19-2009, 09:05 PM
Misanthrope

Pretty dubious seeing one of my favorite films remade but I'm keen to check out some 3-D action.