Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-30-2015, 07:52 AM
Evil Dead

While you're at it, try a free 30-day trial of screambox.com ! (Especially if you have a Roku.)

Old 06-30-2015, 08:25 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giganticface View Post
While you're at it, try a free 30-day trial of screambox.com ! (Especially if you have a Roku.)

Done. Ty for mentioning.

Also do you know if they take requests for movies? Still unable to find My Engine's Fragile Sound besides Amazon.

Last edited by TheBossInTheWall; 06-30-2015 at 08:32 AM.
Old 06-30-2015, 08:26 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roiffalo View Post
Thank you much. Details in the first post would have been nice.
I was a bit over excited, understandably. :) Besides there's always google ya lazy fuck.(said in a friendly tone)
Old 06-30-2015, 03:04 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBossInTheWall View Post
I was a bit over excited, understandably. :) Besides there's always google ya lazy fuck.(said in a friendly tone)
Hey give me some credit! I actually did Google somewhat before I made my first post.
I wasn't entirely sure about how one got an invite and what not so I still came out feeling confused.

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Old 06-30-2015, 06:03 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBossInTheWall View Post
Done. Ty for mentioning.

Also do you know if they take requests for movies? Still unable to find My Engine's Fragile Sound besides Amazon.
Yeah, they field requests through their Contact email. For instance, they didn't have much classic stuff (still don't), but they added Night of the Living Dead and Phantom of the Opera after receiving some requests for more classics.

In the end, it's all about licensing costs, so truth be told, there's not a huge chance they'll get what you ask for, but it doesn't hurt to ask, and they want to know how to improve their service.

Old 01-18-2016, 01:24 PM
Evil Dead

Okay, I'm officially done with Shudder. After my beta trial expired, I wasn't able to view movies anymore. I tried the website, Roku and Android. So I just figured the subscription was expired, and I was fine with that.

Well, it turns out I've been getting billed every month, even though when I log in it says I need a subscription! I contacted support and they only refunded two months. They seemed to not really even read my original request, and basically said I should have known I was going to get billed.

They also said that they don't support subscriptions across platforms, so even if I could use a subscription on the website, I wouldn't be able to watch on Roku or Android without getting separate subscriptions for each. That seems weird, and pretty bad.

Oh well, it's too bad because they have more quality content than Screambox. But at least Screambox shares the subscription across platforms (and now is on Xbox and PlayStation too).

I don't mean to dog on them too much. I know what it's like to be on their side of the coin, handling all kinds of ridiculous support cases. But in my case I think they really blew it.

Old 01-18-2016, 01:45 PM
Banned

Dont support devices my ass! I saw an ad yesterday or day before about how you can use Shudder on PS3 and PS4 now. I never was that interested in Shudder as I figured it was all just films so bad nowhere else would show them.
Old 01-18-2016, 08:00 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

Glad I didn't try mine free trial now... Hesitant to ever start it (unless it was timed between certain dates then it surely expired by now anyway).

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Old 01-18-2016, 11:11 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningriser View Post
Dont support devices my ass! I saw an ad yesterday or day before about how you can use Shudder on PS3 and PS4 now. I never was that interested in Shudder as I figured it was all just films so bad nowhere else would show them.
They support different devices, but according to the support guy, the subscription is not shared across devices. So if you want to use it on both Roku and PS4 for instance, you'd need to buy two subscriptions.

That seems kinda weird to me, and I'm not sure I believe him.

Old 01-19-2016, 07:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giganticface View Post
They support different devices, but according to the support guy, the subscription is not shared across devices. So if you want to use it on both Roku and PS4 for instance, you'd need to buy two subscriptions.

That seems kinda weird to me, and I'm not sure I believe him.
well thats fucking stupid. Sounds like these assholes are just a low level scam group. I bet the movies they stream arent even worth a shit anyway.