Old 01-08-2015, 02:01 AM
Evil Dead

each to his/her own. I don't know why, but i always find transformation horror to be particualrly ridiculous. yes, i know, all horror is, just find stuff like this, the fly etc to be particularly daft
Old 01-08-2015, 05:34 AM
Evil Dead

I finally watched it on New Year's Eve and it was bizarre but I liked it. I will never be able to get that walrus image out of my head....lol. I think it was a pretty cool story having a serial killer behind it all. I don't know if I would watch it a second time though, it might have been a one time thing for me.

Old 01-11-2015, 08:31 AM
Little Boo

I did not like Tusk at all. It was slow to develop. I think it had potential to be alright, if the execution had been better. Now, I see that Kevin Smith is doing a spin-off film with his daughter and Johnny Depp's daughter as the two convenience store clerks and Johnny Depp. Yeah... no. Their acting in this small cameo was enough to tell me that it will not be worth seeing. I'm sick of Johnny Depp, anyway. He's lost any acting depth he may have had at one time -he just plays the same "quirky" guy over and over.
Old 01-11-2015, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilsa View Post
I did not like Tusk at all. It was slow to develop. I think it had potential to be alright, if the execution had been better. Now, I see that Kevin Smith is doing a spin-off film with his daughter and Johnny Depp's daughter as the two convenience store clerks and Johnny Depp. Yeah... no. Their acting in this small cameo was enough to tell me that it will not be worth seeing. I'm sick of Johnny Depp, anyway. He's lost any acting depth he may have had at one time -he just plays the same "quirky" guy over and over.
Couldn't agree more about Johnny Depp. The last time I liked him in something was in "Edward Scissorhands".
Old 01-11-2015, 12:52 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
I agree as well... the only parts he's really ever played is the "quirky guy", and it got old years ago.
Old 01-11-2015, 01:24 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
I'm sick of Johnny Depp, anyway. He's lost any acting depth he may have had at one time -he just plays the same "quirky" guy over and over.

I couldn't disagree more. I think Johnny Depp is an amazing actor, he's extremely versatile. He has done many incredible movies that didn't involve him being "quirky". My two favorite roles of his are Edward Scissorhands and Alice in Wonderland (Mad Hatter).

Old 01-14-2015, 01:51 PM
Evil Dead

I personally liked Kevin Smith films, I liked Red State and that was a really good film! I didn't even see it in the theater, I bought it on DVD and I wasn't disappointed when I saw it. I saw the trailer for Tusk though and it didn't interest me.
Old 01-14-2015, 08:10 PM
Evil Dead

I liked it, but can understand why it's a pretty divisive film. Honestly, a third of the way through I was finding myself disappointed -- too much exposition, albeit very well-acted. But once it picked up, I was hooked.

This was my review:

Tusk (2014)

Critics will find much to complain about, but those willing to forgive the inevitable unevenness in tone when you mashup blackly-comedic exposition, stoner-friendly buffoonery, psychological torture and an inconceivable flavor of irreversible surgical body transformation, just might thank Kevin Smith for sharing his inside joke with the rest of us. The spectacle is not easily forgotten, and in the end, is downright heartbreaking.

8/10

Old 02-17-2015, 09:18 AM
Hocus Pocus

Ever since I saw the trailer for Tusk I had been wanting to see it. Now that I have, all I could think after watching it was "WTH did I just watch?!" I thought the movie was funny and even recommended it to friends who I figured would have laughed their butts off but nope, that didn't happen. There were obviously elements missing and questions left unanswered but IMO I thought it was decent enough to see at least once. Just one of those weird movies you come across...
Old 02-27-2015, 11:55 AM
Banned

I like the jarring tone shifts in Tusk. Especially when it goes from wacky to wackier, as in the fight scene. I never felt bored. It's only misstep was the shoehorned relationship between the victim's girlfriend and his bud.