Old 04-24-2013, 04:50 PM
She's under the stairs

Jeff who lives at home

Mind numbingly boring piece of total crap.. I was wanting to watch a comedy, I didn't laugh once, almost switched it off after 30 minutes, but gave it a second chance then when it got to an hour I was going to switch it off again, but the movie had dragged me into such a deep state of apathy from it's nothingness that I couldn't move to grab the remote and so watched it until it switched itself off.

.05/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx
Because you want his maggot ridden dick dontcha
Old 04-25-2013, 07:23 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Last Seen Movie

Lords of salem:

I really didn't think much of it. I didn't think it was complete crap though. It reminded me a little of Rosemary's Baby.

On the plus side it was nice to see RZ tackle new material and go in different direction. Also SMZ acting in was too bad either.

They were listed in the credits but I didn't see Sid Haig or Michael Berryman anywhere...

That spooky music was pretty spooky too.

Also The new Evil Dead - pretty disappointed but I had high hopes for it.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:23 AM
Demon from Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferox13 View Post
Lords of salem:

I really didn't think much of it. I didn't think it was complete crap though. It reminded me a little of Rosemary's Baby.

On the plus side it was nice to see RZ tackle new material and go in different direction. Also SMZ acting in was too bad either.

They were listed in the credits but I didn't see Sid Haig or Michael Berryman anywhere...

That spooky music was pretty spooky too.

Also The new Evil Dead - pretty disappointed but I had high hopes for it.
Can't wait to see The Lords of Salem, I loved HoaTC and TDR so I'm really looking forward to seeing some new material from Rob.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:02 AM
HDC Idol

Evil Dead (2013)

I was honestly very impressed with this - Loved the updated story, special effects, and makeup. This movie was definitely gory and brutal and had a few moments that really eeked me out - It made me jump, it made me cringe - All in the right ways. (Roshiq's sig is TOTALLY one of those moments that eeked me out!)

Also, Jane Levy as Mia was a LOT of fun to watch - Perfect in that role. I also think that it was very successful in NOT recreating an Ash character - That was a standout point for me because, well, you can't recreate Ash.

Small issue with the film - I wasn't a huge fan of Shiloh Fernandez as David (though the issue could have been with how his character was written) - I thought that the character was a bit lame and made some pretty bad decisions... Also, the end REALLY dragged on a bit.

That being said, I really liked it and I think it's a must-see for every horror fan out there, be you an Evil Dead fan or not.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 04-25-2013, 10:34 AM
For Vendetta

Thanks for the heads up on the ED remake, Chrono.

----------------------

Excellent film, with some well fleshed-out characters and a nice story. Not recommended to those who don't like their films dark, moody and depressive. A must-watch for everyone else.

Old 04-25-2013, 11:13 AM
Evil Dead

Machine Head (2000)
A teenager creates a machine to raise the dead for a science experiment

Who did the casting job in this movie, really hard believe this people in mid or Over 25's playing Teens, are you kidding me.

If that not worst thing about it, is that no one person can actually act in this movie, The acting this movie horrendous bad.

I Just could not take any more of it after 45 min mark.

The script was so bad, it was just playing stupid , some scenes didn't make sense at all.

No gory death this movie, no cool zombie effect at all.

The only nice to say about this movie is that neat DVD cover 1 out of 10
Old 04-26-2013, 11:08 AM
Evil Dead

May I Kill U? (2012) it came out on 11 January 2013 (UK) I don't how I missed this .

This is British Horror however it's more like Dark Thriller with some dark Humor mixed in.

This movie start with scene from the UK riots 2011, how these thugs took over.

Baz (He a cop) and is partner are cycling, one of thug from th gang throws something at him, that makes his bike tip over and then Baz hits his head on the pavement.

Which lead him having some really bad head aches now and again / Baz is so fed with these thugs, so he had another idea how to clean up the street.

Baz turns into psycho cop, Who kills people, that have been doing bad things, while he kills these people, He also films them with his helmet cam, then post these videos on the internet with fake name.

Though out this movie, we see him text and twitter tweets and he ends up gaining a number of followers on twitter who are happy about what he is doing.

I found this movie to be very intruding, I really liked this movie, nice clever plot to the movie, with one or two laugh and moment but i would not call it comedy at all nor did have much horror.

The kills in this are just violent but not bloody or gory kills, which I thought could made this movie tad darker then it already was.

The acting was really good in this movie from whole cast!

6 out of 10, very Stranger Dark Thriller
Old 04-27-2013, 01:28 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Reservoir Dogs

Damn - I just never get sick of this film. By far my fave of QT's movies.

Never Back Down 2: The Beatdown

I dunno whether it's my shit taste in films or the fact I was on my 4th can of cider but I really enjoyed this film. It's way better than the first one - Michael Jai White has a good knack for invoking the feeling we once enjoyed watching 80's martial arts films. It also teaches you the basics the rubber guard and the fight scenes are pretty good too.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:04 AM
MoreThanHorror

Just watched "Contagion" - not horror, bot spectacular, but good. i enjoyed it.
Old 04-27-2013, 06:34 PM
Horror Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
Thanks for the heads up on the ED remake, Chrono.

----------------------

Not recommended to those who don't like their films dark, moody and depressive. A must-watch for everyone else.
V...........you are on a horror forum. ;)

Tags
movie