Old 10-17-2003, 07:07 AM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
Michael Whelan

Anyone ever check this guy out? I have some posters from a book called Something in my Eye. He also did the artwork for some of the recent Lovecraft Collection books.

http://www.michaelwhelan.com/index.a...lerycollection
Old 10-17-2003, 08:05 AM
Living Dead

Send a message via ICQ to SCREAMERatorX Send a message via AIM to SCREAMERatorX Send a message via Yahoo to SCREAMERatorX
wow.... very impressive....

i loved the artwork in the exhibit of images from Michael's dark side.... especially :: 'Erebus' and the LoveCraft' 1 and 2...

do u enjoy reading books, i find it hard 2 get stuck in2 a novel,, slow reader..... i need images>> the ones at Michael's site are bloody excellent..

Cheers avenger00soul

R

heeAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Old 10-17-2003, 08:10 AM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
Quote:
Originally posted by SCREAMERatorX
do u enjoy reading books, i find it hard 2 get stuck in2 a novel,, slow reader..... i need images>> the ones at Michael's site are bloody excellent..[/I]
Yeah, I love books almost as much as I love film. I just bought a bunch of books. Boy's Life by Robert R. McCammon and the first three Dark Tower books by King. I read the first one (The Gunslinger) while I was younger but I need to re-read it so I'll understand the follow-ups. Great book though.
Old 10-17-2003, 08:32 AM
Living Dead

Send a message via ICQ to SCREAMERatorX Send a message via AIM to SCREAMERatorX Send a message via Yahoo to SCREAMERatorX
yeah, my bros girlfriend loves reading s_King novels.... shes always saying that books r better than movies....
generally, they are, but it depend on ya definition of Better!! and if you can read fast enough to finish it b4 the next edition is out...

R

Old 10-17-2003, 08:41 AM
Living Dead

Michael Whelan is pretty well known.... 4 obvious reasons, his pictures are great,....

what about those artists who have amazing talent, but never get recognition or fame like others...

Not sure how famous this bloke is, but i had 2 include some local Aussie surrealism.... the menu system on site is different,, not bad i reckon::

http://www.vakras.com/directory.html

http://home.vicnet.net.au/~vakras/digital2d.html

R

Old 10-17-2003, 06:30 PM
Cryptkeeper

I checked those links out. Crazy stuff.
Old 11-10-2003, 11:02 PM
Undead

Send a message via AIM to bellamorte Send a message via Yahoo to bellamorte
Yes finally someone who heard of him. He is a wonderfull artist who paints beautiful and horrific pictures. I love his work!
Angels to others.

Pinhead:Do you know where you are? You are at the Door of Dreams. To Black Miracles and Dark Wonders- Another Life of Unknown Pleasures... And it's yours- Complete the pattern. Solver the Puzzle. Turn the Key...
Old 11-11-2003, 03:22 AM
Evil Dead

Whelan

Ohh, yeahhh . . . how could I forget Michael Whelan. Good call, Avenger. This guy's work is top-notch. I have a Lovecraft collection with his art on it, and it's some of the creepiest stuff I have ever seen . . . very chilling . . . .

Definitely one of my favorites.

J.N.
http://members.tripod.com/~NEWMANATOR/index.html