Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-23-2014, 05:05 PM
病気の

I love films that disturb. I like gory, filthy depraved story's. I love underground films because there are no rules. Indie directors get to put out their stories and dreams without the middle man saying, you can't show this, that's not acceptable. I still love mainstream horror and will check out films like The Conjuring and truly love the classics. For me, the gory and sick subject matters fascinate me, I like seeing how far they can go. I love practical effects.

They give me disturbing feelings, inside me, I like how that feels.
Old 08-23-2014, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux2007 View Post
I like both. I'm a fan of lots of gore and supernatural gore-free movies.
I don't have a problem with gore, blood and guts. Its more when people are being tortured or anything involving children suffering. Jason, Freddy and Michael...they're all fictional and though they kill people, its just not as disturbing. Why? I don't know. Maybe because it seems like it couldn't really happen? But it could. Anyone could put a weird mask and run amok through a summer camp.

Oddly enough, I also feel people that can watch these films to be real horror "aficionados". A bit like what Gigantic said, to be able to sit through the whole film not batting an eye, like a dare.
Old 08-23-2014, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadbeatAtDawn View Post
I love films that disturb. I like gory, filthy depraved story's. I love underground films because there are no rules. Indie directors get to put out their stories and dreams without the middle man saying, you can't show this, that's not acceptable. I still love mainstream horror and will check out films like The Conjuring and truly love the classics. For me, the gory and sick subject matters fascinate me, I like seeing how far they can go. I love practical effects.

They give me disturbing feelings, inside me, I like how that feels.
Yes, yes,yes!.. This is what I want to understand!
Old 08-23-2014, 05:14 PM
Evil Dead

Movies like The Human Centipede and A Serbian Film don't disturb me. I forget about them within an hour. Those are the movies that aim to shock with visuals.

Movies like Pontypool and Hard Candy disturb me greatly. I'll think about them days after the viewing. Those aim to disturb with just the ideas.
Old 08-23-2014, 06:18 PM
Evil Sweat

Quote:
Movies like The Human Centipede and A Serbian Film don't disturb me. I forget about them within an hour. Those are the movies that aim to shock with visuals.

Movies like Pontypool and Hard Candy disturb me greatly. I'll think about them days after the viewing. Those aim to disturb with just the ideas.
I'm a bit of the other way around.

I know films like Human Centipede and A Serbian Movie will make me sick in a psychological way. That's why I avoid them.
Because when I can see it, my brain will register it differently than reading it or hearing someone talk about it. Then I start thinking about it...

Hard Candy didn't disturb me. It stayed with me but without any discomfort.
Hadn't had any problems with the Saw series. Maybe because the gore was more over the top?

In the end, I think everything depends on your personal view.
Everybody has different fears and find different things disgusting.
I had an aunt who had no problem crushing big nasty spiders.
But when a little field mouse got inside she started screaming, went away and would let someone else take care of it.
Old 08-23-2014, 06:41 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Marlon View Post
I'm a bit of the other way around.

I know films like Human Centipede and A Serbian Movie will make me sick in a psychological way. That's why I avoid them.
Because when I can see it, my brain will register it differently than reading it or hearing someone talk about it. Then I start thinking about it...

Hard Candy didn't disturb me. It stayed with me but without any discomfort.
Hadn't had any problems with the Saw series. Maybe because the gore was more over the top?

In the end, I think everything depends on your personal view.
Everybody has different fears and find different things disgusting.
I had an aunt who had no problem crushing big nasty spiders.
But when a little field mouse got inside she started screaming, went away and would let someone else take care of it.
I suppose it's because when I know a movie is trying to shock me, then I know it's just a movie, but when it's the premise or tone, I forget it's just a movie, and I get lost in the film.
Old 08-23-2014, 07:21 PM
Banned

The gore doesn't bother me but I would much rather see a horror movie with atmosphere .....that's what really floats my boat.Re-Animator is a movie that I feel has both. Dead Alive is another over the top gore movie that's just a lot of fun.

And yeah.....for some reason people who know that I like horror movies always want to show me the most vile real life shit on the internet. I can not watch real violence . It disturbs me greatly and will stay with me for days.

Last edited by newb; 08-23-2014 at 07:23 PM.
Old 08-23-2014, 07:31 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
The gore doesn't bother me but I would much rather see a horror movie with atmosphere .....that's what really floats my boat.Re-Animator is a movie that I feel has both. Dead Alive is another over the top gore movie that's just a lot of fun.

And yeah.....for some reason people who know that I like horror movies always want to show me the most vile real life shit on the internet. I can not watch real violence . It disturbs me greatly and will stay with me for days.
People always assume that I like dead cats and stuff, and I'm thinking where did you get that assumption? I don't how what I'd do without my babies.
Old 08-23-2014, 07:43 PM
Evil Sweat

Quote:
People always assume that I like dead cats and stuff, and I'm thinking where did you get that assumption? I don't how what I'd do without my babies.
That's another thing.
I'll get sick easier from watching animals* suffer than humans.

*insects, spiders and fish not included
Old 08-23-2014, 08:04 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Marlon View Post
That's another thing.
I'll get sick easier from watching animals* suffer than humans.

*insects, spiders and fish not included
Me too. I can't stand an animal getting hurt.