Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-07-2012, 10:23 AM
Scares Little Kids

I' playing, Amnesia, Dead Space and Minecraft :p
Old 01-09-2012, 06:35 PM
Scares Little Kids

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
Old 01-10-2012, 07:44 AM
HDC Idol

Alan Wake on the 360.

I really shouldn't listen to Zero Punctuation's reviews before planing a game because I can't get his quibbles and complaints out of my head...
  • Alan's narrative is awful and annoying (he speaks as though I'm the most retarded audience member on Retarded Audience Member Movie Day)
  • Fighting is repetitive
  • There isn't a whole lot of "surprise" factor because all of the Bads announce themselves before they attack ("HEY! I'M OVER HERE!")
  • The characters are interesting, but I'm too busy running around in the woods to really engage them

It's atmospheric and creepy, but I guess I wish it was more open and less linear. Good concept, but seems thin to me.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:14 PM
No, fuck YOU

"Saints Row - the third" PS3

Great fun, BUT...

The aiming system is either fucked or i just haven't figured it out yet? Naah, that can't be it. :cool:
Old 01-11-2012, 12:56 PM
Banned

I am currently revisiting Dead Rising 2, what a fun game!

I've had the new Assassins Creed game since christmas but still haven't tried it...I need to get on that one.....
Old 01-11-2012, 06:02 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
"Saints Row - the third" PS3

Great fun, BUT...

The aiming system is either fucked or i just haven't figured it out yet? Naah, that can't be it. :cool:
Just nabbed a copy of that for the PC. I've noticed a few games have had shitty aiming recently... it's like being back in 1995 or something :D

---------

Played some Call Of Duty: MW3 last night pretty good shit although I have to have the graphic settings fairly low so I can run it properly. Won't be long till my PC will need an upgrade to play games :(
Old 01-13-2012, 03:00 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
Just nabbed a copy of that for the PC. I've noticed a few games have had shitty aiming recently... it's like being back in 1995 or something :D

Seriously, WHER THE FUCK IS THE AUTO AIM FUNCTION!!! :mad:

Doesn't make sense it isn't there when it's desperately needed in every mission you do. Too many enemies. Impossible to do without cheating. I've just spend the first 3 days buyng every factory and store en the city. Very peaceful way of playing such a game. NOT what i had in mind.

But now when all is bought i guess it's ass kicking time. What else is there to do?..
Old 01-13-2012, 04:53 AM
That fucking Guy...

Just tried playing RAGE.
Nice looking game really...and maybe I'm being a bit judgmental here, but I just don't really like the feel of it.
I don't like the way your character and the enemies move around.
Reminds me of the same issues I had with Resistance 2, it felt like a twitch shooter.
It looked like it should have had atmosphere, yet seemed lacking of it.
I don't know, I've barely even played much of this game and I just don't think I'm going to...I played through bulletstorm, and this game reminded me of it, though I actually liked bulletstorm.
Quake 4, Doom 3, ID has just dropped the ball if you ask me.
Old 01-14-2012, 02:45 AM
Evil Dead

You have said the same things that irked me with Rage.

Yes,it looks great but like you said cheebacheeba,it just doesn't `feel` right.The moving from one area of the game to the next and then go back again doesn't sit right with me.
The characters all feel strange too,i really don't care for anyone in the game,i just wanted it to be over.

I played for a few hours then couldn't be bothered with it any more,so i exchanged it for Battlefield 3.
Old 01-14-2012, 07:41 AM
Evil Puppy

Uncharted 3

Man these games tell a hell of a story but to be honest, 3 feels a little lost to me. There's a big ordeal with modern day pirates that derails the story a bit and like the first game there's too many ridiculous gun battles with hordes of armored enemies. That said, the chase scenes are an awesome addition and exciting as hell to play even if they remind me a little bit of the original Crash Bandicoot. So far I still think 2 was my favorite (the writing in 2 and 3 is incredible though and the dialogue can be funny as hell) but that may change as I get further into 3.