This is a test

THE UNFOLDING 2017

4 out of 10
Old 02-28-2021, 08:03 PM
Scares Little Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaeKwonZombie View Post
The Ritual (2017)
We saw that a few years ago, Very fun and supenseful! Way better than Mudsommer, which I thought was far too long, and self indulgent on the part of the filmmakers (I know it has its fans but we're all allowed to think what we think )
Old 02-28-2021, 11:45 PM
I kick ass for the lord!

alright my comment has some *spoilers* so dont read if you havn't seen it

yah bogwitch very suspenseful, to me the movie really was about something other than the actual literal plot, a deeper meaning, letting his friend die while he was hiding, he kept envisioning it while in the woods, (the monster would create these hallucinations, the monster really being his tortured mind playing tricks on him)
at the end he screams at the beast (the beast is his inner demon) his fear, and pain in that sense letting go of the past, and his guilt by venting it out with confidence...

Last edited by TaeKwonZombie; 02-28-2021 at 11:48 PM.
Old 03-01-2021, 10:40 AM
I kick ass for the lord!

The Silence (2019)

lil bat bastards, i liked it, and i liked the monsters, but damn some of these scenes dragged on way too long, which killed some of the suspense for me....

Last edited by TaeKwonZombie; 03-01-2021 at 11:49 AM.
Old 03-01-2021, 02:19 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaeKwonZombie View Post
alright my comment has some *spoilers* so dont read if you havn't seen it

yah bogwitch very suspenseful, to me the movie really was about something other than the actual literal plot, a deeper meaning, letting his friend die while he was hiding, he kept envisioning it while in the woods, (the monster would create these hallucinations, the monster really being his tortured mind playing tricks on him)
at the end he screams at the beast (the beast is his inner demon) his fear, and pain in that sense letting go of the past, and his guilt by venting it out with confidence...
you talking about the ritual?

So where was the line on what things were hallucinations? Was the whole trip and his friends hallucinations? The people in the monster village were real or not? If the trip and his friends were real, how
could the hallucination-monster kill his friends?

Last edited by Sculpt; 03-01-2021 at 02:27 PM.
Old 03-01-2021, 02:48 PM
ventricle

Underwater (2020)
4/10

Hard to get through... two sittings and skipped ahead. The sets are quality, but most of the film a small group of people squeeze through confined dark spaces. The blasé characters are neither likeable or detestable. It took way too long to get to the insignificant ho-hum conclusion.

Last edited by Sculpt; 03-01-2021 at 02:59 PM.
Old 03-01-2021, 04:46 PM
This is a test

SHORTCUT 2020

A schoolbus gets trapped in a tunnel where the children confront a monster.

5/10
Old 03-02-2021, 10:50 PM
Immortal horror fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Underwater (2020)
4/10

Hard to get through... two sittings and skipped ahead. The sets are quality, but most of the film a small group of people squeeze through confined dark spaces. The blasé characters are neither likeable or detestable. It took way too long to get to the insignificant ho-hum conclusion.
Sounds like you watched a different movie than me. I thought Underwater was a nice surprise and I loved the reveal of the bad guy. I only remember a few tight squeeze scenes.
Old 03-03-2021, 07:17 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to bamahorrorfan87
Abduction 101
Old 03-03-2021, 03:22 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post
Sounds like you watched a different movie than me. I thought Underwater was a nice surprise and I loved the reveal of the bad guy. I only remember a few tight squeeze scenes.
you talking about the big guy? I don't think he was bad. I think 'he' was an animal.

Well, you know, the whole movie they were going from one place to other. And I thought the trip was so, so, so common. I've seen that journey a million times. They're mostly going through corridors and some tight squeezes; one drop and one outside walk. Nothing wrong with that, if the characters and story was cookin', but it wasn't for me. I'm glad you liked though.
Decided to peak at RottenTomatoes... 49% critic 60% audience. The critique RT features is: "Underwater's strong cast and stylish direction aren't enough to distract from the strong sense of déjà vu provoked by this claustrophobic thriller's derivative story." Funny he/she writes "distract from the strong sense of déjà vu"... lol... yeah, I had, what you might call déjà vu, but not the good kind.

just for fun, here's some of the RT critiques:

The Abyss meets Aliens with a bit of The Poseidon Adventure, a lot of Pacific Rim and a dash of The Meg in this subaquatic sci-fi that offers nothing more than the sum of its references.
February 10, 2020 | Rating: 2/5 | Kevin Maher Times (UK)

The murky cinematography further hinders a picture that looks as though it was shot through raw sewage.
February 9, 2020 | Rating: 2/5 | Wendy Ide Observer (UK)

As viewers of this dreck, we could teach the earth's crust a few things about being deeply bored.
February 6, 2020 | Rating: 2/5 | Tim Robey Daily Telegraph (UK)

Instantly forgettable.
February 6, 2020 | Rating: 2/5 | David Jenkins Little White Lies

It's not that bad, it is just not any good.
February 7, 2020 | Mark Kermode Kermode & Mayo's Film Review

Last edited by Sculpt; 03-03-2021 at 03:51 PM.

Tags
movie