Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-13-2012, 11:09 AM
Immortal horror fan

I don't like New Beginning that much if at all. I only remember it for a few good and bad things.

1. The music the girl is dancing to before the fake Jason kills her.

2. The mirror flash by the pretty diner girl.

3. The swear word song the guy sings when the other guy can't get the car started.

4. The outhouse death scene which is yet another reminder of why I don't mess with Mexican food...

5. How fast Dudley (I can't remember his real or actual name in the movie) takes off when he sees the fake Jason.

6. The bad yet funny repeating shot of the group driving to some location.
Old 07-13-2012, 03:01 PM
Drunken Master

Totally forgot it was friday the 13th til I got up and there was a horror movie on spike think it was tales from the darkside idk. While we are on the subject which Friday the 13th is it where ole boy keeps having those memories in his head "Tommy"screams a girl "Die" which one is that. Either way thats my least favorite one. I like 6 and 7 the best.

I've spent most of my life walking down the street in a Karate suit whoopin bad guys.-So High
Old 07-18-2012, 01:37 PM
From The Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by So High View Post
Totally forgot it was friday the 13th til I got up and there was a horror movie on spike think it was tales from the darkside idk. While we are on the subject which Friday the 13th is it where ole boy keeps having those memories in his head "Tommy"screams a girl "Die" which one is that. Either way thats my least favorite one. I like 6 and 7 the best.

Yeah Tommy has memories of Part 4 The Final Chapter in Part 5. Part 4 is my personal fave. I wasn't too keen on Part 5 really not because there's no Jason but more cos I just didn't enjoy it very much at all maybe cos I loved the Jason in excelsis of Part 4 and part 5 seemed a let down to me after the dizzy heights of Part 4
Old 07-20-2012, 03:58 PM
Immortal horror fan

My problem with the majority of Friday the 13th films is that they push the stupid teenager thing too far. I guess that's why I don't like part 4 that much even though it has great scenes. You should never really want the majority of the characters to get it by Jason.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:00 PM
Drunken Master

Jason still cool though. Even if his gimmick has been up awhile. He still one of my faves. I remember when I saw the trailer for the remake how pumped I got specially the way it ended with him swingin the machete into the Camera YEAH good time right there. Though the movie was kind of a let down that trailer and opening was awesome.

I've spent most of my life walking down the street in a Karate suit whoopin bad guys.-So High
Old 07-25-2012, 06:02 PM
Immortal horror fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by So High View Post
Jason still cool though. Even if his gimmick has been up awhile. He still one of my faves. I remember when I saw the trailer for the remake how pumped I got specially the way it ended with him swingin the machete into the Camera YEAH good time right there. Though the movie was kind of a let down that trailer and opening was awesome.
Seeing the trailer made me think we were finally going to get the perfect Friday the 13th movie. I couldn't believe how it turned out. A handful of good scenes like that machete scene, the boat dock, and axe throw. But a story that forgot what Jason was all about.

Take the lake/boat dock scene. Why did it happen at all? People were building out there and Jason never did anything but now he does? The writers could have simply added a line with the jerk rich guy saying don't take the boat into the big lake or something.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:49 AM
AsteroidsDoNotConcernMe

I was kind of underwhelmed by the recent Friday sequel (as it's not technically a remake). My biggest gripe was that--somehow--it didn't create the feeling of beng isolated in a foresty area. The original film did that really well. The scenes in "town" helped--they illustrated that the closest city wasn't really heavily populated.

The original film was a nicely made but cheap movie, and the cheapness helped, I think. The recent film is a "slick production"...maybe a little too nice-looking?

Friend....gooooood!

Old 07-28-2012, 06:55 AM
Immortal horror fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabapple View Post
I was kind of underwhelmed by the recent Friday sequel (as it's not technically a remake). My biggest gripe was that--somehow--it didn't create the feeling of beng isolated in a foresty area. The original film did that really well. The scenes in "town" helped--they illustrated that the closest city wasn't really heavily populated.

The original film was a nicely made but cheap movie, and the cheapness helped, I think. The recent film is a "slick production"...maybe a little too nice-looking?
I believe Roger Ebert said it's the best looking Friday the 13th movie. I think parts 2 and 6 look great. They don't look modern like the remake but they have a reality to them.

I could write a book about what was wrong with the new F13th. I think that the movie finally killed the franchise. They were talking about a sequel with Jason in the snow. Yet another dumb idea.
Old 07-28-2012, 09:20 AM
From The Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post
My problem with the majority of Friday the 13th films is that they push the stupid teenager thing too far. I guess that's why I don't like part 4 that much even though it has great scenes. You should never really want the majority of the characters to get it by Jason.
That's a good point but I find it a bonus if you want the majority of the characters to die in a film rather than be forced and manipulated into caring about them. But each to their own :)
Old 07-29-2012, 10:53 AM
Immortal horror fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearonsarms View Post
That's a good point but I find it a bonus if you want the majority of the characters to die in a film rather than be forced and manipulated into caring about them. But each to their own :)
I think it was on one of those horror specials like "His Name Was Jason" or "Slasher Going to Pieces" where they talk about how the slasher/monster became the hero after a few movies. I just believe that's the wrong way to go overall. For some characters they should get it. Especially after breaking the rules. It sucks when those characters survive too. Like the practical joker in Friday the 13th Part 2 who is saved by his own drunken stupidity. But for example in the Friday the 13th remake, I didn't care about the movie after one character got the machete in the back. That was the writers showing me that they wanted to change the rules without making their own new rules.