Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Games

Old 08-23-2018, 05:09 AM
That fucking Guy...

Quote:
I bet I would really like those games so I want to buy them whenever I have the chance.
They are very good games...though quite different from the Yakuza/sleeping dogs type of games. More kind of like a quanticdream game (heavy rain, indigo prophecy) with more of an emphasis on action.

It's more or less that you're playing a movie. You even get jobs etc. It's quite "rpg", and sometimes "days" of what seems like monotonous activities pass just to service the storyline unfolding.
They have an excellent combat system though, and some great fight scenes as I recall. A few quicktime events which are not my favourite thing, but well
integrated into the action in a way that lets you keep watching.

There are *some* elements that are a bit boring...for a game...though it's worth seeing through. The good far outweighs the bad.
While it may look like one, don't expect a hugely open world couple of games - there's a bit of free roam, paths to be chosen - but they are still somewhat linear at the core. Linear painted very nicely.

Semi-complex but at the same time super user friendly interface.
I feel like this is a game that just about anyone could pick up and play comfortably regardless of their playstyle or preferred game type. It's intuitive.

Beautiful, authentic scenery. Nice 80's setting (there's even an arcade with full playable SEGA arcade games) reeeeeeealy good cinematic musical score and maybe the most "martial arts movie" of a plot ever seen in a video game.

You get a great storyline here, a really memorable couple of games.
I myself have waited for news of a re-release or hd remake of these, since hearing that #3 was finally at least "underway" after a massive crowd funding return.

Can't speak highly enough of them. Despite a few faults, honestly among the most rewarding games I've ever played.
All I can say is - it's been a long wait for closure...when (and you really should) you play through these two, you will see what I mean.
Long time coming.

I speak for any gamer that's not an idiot.
The Shenmue series is absolutely, in every way, worth playing.
Old 08-23-2018, 05:46 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

From what you just described it kind of sounds like the Fable games, and I really like those games too.

I just like sandbox rpg-type games.
Old 08-23-2018, 10:22 AM
Banned

Yes... Buy a PS4! That's what I play. I just pre-ordered Red Dead Redemption to the other day and I'm really excited for it. It looks so beautiful.
Old 08-23-2018, 10:24 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

I already got a PS4 and I have Yakuza 0, Yakuza Kiwami, and Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition.
Old 08-23-2018, 11:04 AM
Banned

I have Grand Theft Auto V, WWE 2K 18, WWE 2K 17, Friday the 13th, dead by daylight, Mad Max, The Last of Us, Deadpool, the Mega Man NES collection, Tetris, and Metal Gear Solid V. If you would like to send me a friend request my PSN is the same name I have here.
Old 08-23-2018, 01:20 PM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

I sent you a friend request.

Just so you know I never play games online. It's just something I never enjoyed doing. But I'm sure there's other cool stuff we can do on PSN. At least I have one person in my list of friends now instead of not having any lol.
Old 08-23-2018, 02:10 PM
Banned

I like online gaming because it gives me other people to play with but on the flip side to that there will always be assholes trying to cause some sort of grievance for everyone they come into contact with. That's why when I do play online I try to just play with people I know so I don't have to worry about a bunch of bullshit because video games are relaxing for me and having to deal with someone yelling and screaming and annoying can get quite stressful.
Old 08-23-2018, 02:18 PM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningriser View Post
I like online gaming because it gives me other people to play with but on the flip side to that there will always be assholes trying to cause some sort of grievance for everyone they come into contact with. That's why when I do play online I try to just play with people I know so I don't have to worry about a bunch of bullshit because video games are relaxing for me and having to deal with someone yelling and screaming and annoying can get quite stressful.
Yeah I agree. Maybe if I make more friends online then I will consider playing games online. But right now I don't have any friends to play with lol.
Old 08-23-2018, 03:58 PM
Banned

Well you have to have PlayStation Plus to play online unfortunately but if you do have it you could download dead by daylight because it's free this month. Every month they give us two free games in addition to allowing us to play online. I don't know if you've ever been a fan of the Grand Theft Auto games or ever played the first Red Dead Redemption or not but look into Red Dead Redemption 2. I think it's going to be amazing. I rarely pre-ordered games but this one was a no-brainer because if rockstargames puts half the effort into this they put into Grand Theft Auto V, this is going to be a game changer.
Old 08-23-2018, 04:33 PM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Damn... on the PS3 you could play games online for free. And I really don't have the money to pay for P.S. Plus every month.

Oh well I don't think I'm missing much.

And I've never been a fan of the Grand Theft Auto games. I did like Bully though which was also made by Rockstar Games.

The kind of games I like best are classic survival horror (basically any horror game, old or new, that doesn't try to copy Resident Evil 4), sandbox-type games like The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Fallout 3, Fable 2, Yakuza games, Sleeping Dogs, Way of the Samurai 4, etc, and I like some of the retro games like the classic Sega Genesis games and Earthworm Jim. I also used to really love the Legend of Zelda games back when I played Nintendo systems.

I'm really not a big fan of mainstream action games or first person shooters. To be honest I find those kind of games to be boring.