Old 08-19-2012, 06:24 PM
Horror Fan

Lep in Space > Leprechaun

Troll 2 > Troll
Old 08-25-2012, 02:19 PM
Gar19rett

hhahaha troll 2 epic...what about Scream 2? Thought that one was a really good sequel
Old 08-26-2012, 09:30 AM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gar19rett View Post
hhahaha troll 2 epic...what about Scream 2? Thought that one was a really good sequel
I thought Scream 2 was a good sequel but not as good as the first

Old 08-28-2012, 04:34 PM
Slashed

I'd have to go with Dawn of the Dead, aliens, and Devils Rejects.

Scream 2 was good but original still my favorite from that series. Although its funny watching that movie now and asking the boyfriend why he owns a cell phone... How times have changed since 96?
Old 08-28-2012, 06:24 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael-Myers View Post
I'd have to go with Dawn of the Dead, aliens, and Devils Rejects.

Scream 2 was good but original still my favorite from that series. Although its funny watching that movie now and asking the boyfriend why he owns a cell phone... How times have changed since 96?
Ill agree with you on Rejects but NOTLD is my favorite zombie movie and Alien is much better then Aliens IMO. Alien was more a horror film while I felt Aliens ventured too far into action plus I really liked how in Alien they were just being hunted by one and it was more the fear of the unknown. Plus I felt the setup was better.

Old 08-29-2012, 03:18 PM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
I rarely prefer sequels to the original, but I occasionally find myself enjoying them as much - often because they tried something different whilst also retaining links to the original. I think this is because these sorts of sequels feel more like a continuation of the story rather than a rehashing in a different location. For example;

Aliens - rather than simply having another crew come across another Alien in a similar ship, they took the terrifying creatures and moved them from a claustrophobic-horror setting and put them in a war film. This also worked in terms of Ripley's character development - the horrors she faced hardened her and essentially turned her from a victim to a soldier.

T2: Judgement Day - Yes, the essential theme of a cat and mouse chase is there, except (much like Ripley) the Mouse (Sarah Connor) has been hardened by the events of the original.

I guess for me it comes down to consequences. So many sequels - particularly horror sequels - ignore consequences. The survivor from the first film is gone and the antagonist now faces a similar set of potential bodies. Back to square one, "Here's the same film with a bigger body count - can I have some money now?" A true sequel is connected by more than just a single character who serves the same purpose (i.e. iconic masked killer).

The Ferrets like it...
Old 08-30-2012, 03:45 PM
Slashed

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
Ill agree with you on Rejects but NOTLD is my favorite zombie movie and Alien is much better then Aliens IMO. Alien was more a horror film while I felt Aliens ventured too far into action plus I really liked how in Alien they were just being hunted by one and it was more the fear of the unknown. Plus I felt the setup was better.

I agree that Alien was much more suspenseful however I liked the characters in Aliens much more.
Old 08-30-2012, 05:38 PM
Little Boo

Phantasm 2
Evil Dead 2
Aliens

I also agree that most of the F13 sequels are better than the part 1. I can't agree that Bride of Reanimator or Beyond Reanimator are better that original though. Though I consider the Reanimator trilogy the the best trilogy in horror in overall quality.
Old 08-30-2012, 05:54 PM
Horror Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boddicker View Post
Phantasm 2
I also agree that most of the F13 sequels are better than the part 1. I can't agree that Bride of Reanimator or Beyond Reanimator are better that original though. Though I consider the Reanimator trilogy the the best trilogy in horror in overall quality.
Well I have a challenge for you. What about Romero's Dead trilogy.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:08 PM
Slashed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boddicker View Post
Phantasm 2
Evil Dead 2
Aliens

I somehow haven't seen phantasm 2 yet. Better than the original huh?