Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-05-2016, 01:31 AM
Evil Dead

Skiptrace (2016)
I.M.D.B.
A detective from Hong Kong teams up with an American gambler to battle against a notorious Chinese criminal.

(FYI - long time fan of Jackie Chan. Grew up watching and re-watching all his 80's/90's classics.)

I love Jackie, but the majority of his western movies leave a sour taste. With Skiptrace, I was surprised with how much action was in it, given he's in his 60's, and that the action was pretty good. There were quite a few humorous moments between him and Knoxville also. There were a couple of seriously cringeworthy moments (i.e. Jackie starts singing and the whole Mongolian tribe joins in for a very bizarre musical moment), but overall, entertaining enough to be an enjoyable experience.
7/10.

I want to see Jackie doing something else. He just about gets away with his clowning kung-fu, but while he can still physically pull it off, he doesn't look young enough for it. His action scenes should be powerful and experienced, while leaving the awesome environment orientated kung-foolery he choreographs so well for the younger actors to perform.
Old 09-05-2016, 01:39 AM
Evil Dead

I Am Not A Serial Killer (2016)
I.M.D.B.
In a small Midwestern town, a troubled teen with homicidal tendencies must hunt down and destroy a supernatural killer whilst keeping his own inner demons at bay.

A good movie! Carried by a strong performance from Max Records, and it's great to see Christopher Lloyd in a serious role. Often times it's hard to look past the fact that "Hey, it's Doc!" but for me he managed to transcend that in this movie. I had zero expectations and had no idea what it was about before watching, and I enjoyed this one quite a bit.
8/10
Old 09-05-2016, 06:16 AM
fanged menace

THE NEON DEMON

after seeing some favourable reviews on here it happened to be thenext on my watching list.....

visually 11/10, breathtaking in every way, scene after scene.score 11/10 everything from incidentals to full scored pieces masterfully done.

script 8/10, was ok but didnt find myself hanging on every word.acting again 8/10, performaces were good but nothing excelled.

all over probably the best "horror" movie of this year in my humble opinion even tho i think it fills the psychological thriller bracket better.

9/10
Old 09-05-2016, 08:09 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeg Head1 View Post
A good movie! Carried by a strong performance from Max Records, and it's great to see Christopher Lloyd in a serious role. Often times it's hard to look past the fact that "Hey, it's Doc!" but for me he managed to transcend that in this movie. I had zero expectations and had no idea what it was about before watching, and I enjoyed this one quite a bit.
8/10
Sounds interesting. Found out that it was a book first. Will add both to my list. ty. Though the main character's name is too cheesy, John Wayne Cleaver.

Last edited by TheBossInTheWall; 09-05-2016 at 08:10 AM.
Old 09-05-2016, 03:18 PM
This is a test

SIDE EFFECTS 2013

A rather convoluted affair about a young wife killing her husband whilst sleepwalking due to side effects caused by a new drug she started.

Slow going and not even really worth it in the end.
Old 09-05-2016, 04:35 PM
Little Boo

The new Fog was awful.
Old 09-05-2016, 04:44 PM
Little Boo

Watching House of the Devil. Great style. Very 80's.
Old 09-05-2016, 05:32 PM
Evil Dead

Antibirth 2016

Natasha Lyonne was great. Basically playing the same character she plays in Orange is the New Black, even so she was good. The film had too much filler though. For me it felt like the directer wanted to make a Greg Araki body horror film in Michigan in the winter instead of an original film. At times I was close to turning it off. Side stories that are left open ended. The ending was fantastic.

4.5/10
Old 09-05-2016, 06:33 PM
病気の

Event Horizon, 1997. 7/10

Rampage: President Down, 2016. 5/10

Monster, 2014. 8/10

The Conjuring 2, 2016. 5/10

Old 09-05-2016, 07:19 PM
Evil Sweat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadbeatAtDawn View Post
Rampage: President Down, 2016. 5/10]