Old 09-27-2009, 09:39 AM
For Vendetta

Loved it. A movie which generates and sustains genuine atmosphere, and builds on it till the answers unfold. Characterisation is a weakness though.

Think The Descent meets Dog Soldiers meets Event Horizon, in an Alien setting. I have a hunch you ll love it too.
Old 09-27-2009, 09:42 AM
Misfit

Send a message via AIM to Posher778 Send a message via MSN to Posher778 Send a message via Yahoo to Posher778
Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
Loved it. A movie which generates and sustains genuine atmosphere, and builds on it till the answers unfold. Characterisation is a weakness though.

Think The Descent meets Dog Soldiers meets Event Horizon, in an Alien setting. I have a hunch you ll love it too.
So it's basically Dead Space... Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X View Post
oh posher, I love you.

well as much as a girl can love a squirrely little girly man I suppose.

None of this is real
Old 09-27-2009, 09:43 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:

Think The Descent meets Event Horizon, in an Alien setting. I have a hunch you ll love it too.
Wonderful!

I was planning on checking out out today, but the theatre near me isn't showing it and the other one is a good 45 minutes away. Think I'll make the trek tomorrow though, especially with your recommendation :)
Old 09-27-2009, 09:54 AM
Foxhole Atheist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posher778 View Post
Alien: Resurrection: 5/10

Never really decided if I liked this or not. I mean, it's fun for an action movie, but as the closer to the Alien saga (so far at least)..... Terrible. I always wondered how they got Sigourney to do this movie.

I agree, I never really took to this one mainly because I couldnt get past Ripley being back. She should have stayed dead and they couldve moved the franchise on beyond her.

Battle Royalty, 2009
@Wolf_Scousemac
Old 09-27-2009, 09:56 AM
Foxhole Atheist

Quote:

A high quality trio of films, thats a high recommendation you're giving it. Will have to give Pandorum a look see.

Battle Royalty, 2009
@Wolf_Scousemac
Old 09-27-2009, 10:05 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Umberto D. (1952)

A beautiful and heartwrenching tale of the human struggle. DeSica gives us a portrait of a human being fighting to retain his dignity in a world that simply doesn't seem to care. Carlo Battisti gives an incredible performance here in his first and only film role...the depth of emotion that he displays here is astounding.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:07 AM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Return View Post
Wonderful!

I was planning on checking out out today, but the theatre near me isn't showing it and the other one is a good 45 minutes away. Think I'll make the trek tomorrow though, especially with your recommendation :)
The trek is worth the watch. Pretty impressed myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scouse mac View Post
A high quality trio of films, thats a high recommendation you're giving it. Will have to give Pandorum a look see.
You got to. Its one of the better claustrophobic movies in recent times. All it needed was immaculate characters to make it rank up there as one of the best in our genre.

Guess even the best modern ones do tend to have its share of minor flaws.
Old 09-27-2009, 11:22 AM
Hellraiser

Syfy's Children Of The Corn...didn't like it.
Old 09-27-2009, 05:54 PM
Midnight toker

Wolfen

Old 09-28-2009, 03:03 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Death in Love (2008)

>>: C+

Not Forgotten (2009)

>>: C

Star Trek (2009)

A fantastic reboot! Loved it.

>>: A-

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2009)

Over the years I have seen many bad & dreadful films but nothing could pissed me off so bad as this movie did last night. One of the long length crappiest Craps ever made with such a big budget & having an icon like 'Spielberg' on the list of executive producers. That weirdly "horny" fox looked nice only for a moment while she was in Hijab! Not one likely..if they dare to do another part then I think there is a probability to see a sex scene between Bumblebee and Mikaela.

>>: F