Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-07-2010, 04:03 AM
For Vendetta

Indeed, a big bowl of freshly made chili can make your mouth water. Finish it, and everything else in your body starts watering too! :D

Ahem...anyway...

What do you think of...

Old 05-07-2010, 05:04 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Wrote a comic for em back in the mid-90s.

They seemed mad (and fanatical) as a box of hammers.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:26 AM
Mephistophiliac

Send a message via AIM to Doc Faustus
Founded on a bet by a megalomaniacal crook, it takes undereducated spiritually bankrupt celebrities that want to fill themselves with something and it defrauds them, leading them closer to emptiness because of all of the things it encourages them to forsake. A lot of people will say every religion is a fraud, but those faiths are founded based upon somebody experiencing SOMETHING, whatever it was and that person wanting to share that experience rather than to simply cheat people out of their money. I think it's an egregious misuse of a very creative man's imagination and as a writer, I find that unconscionable.
Old 05-07-2010, 12:55 PM
HDC Resident Cynic

All organized Religion is perverted. Scientologist's are out of their pretentious money grubbing minds.
Old 05-07-2010, 07:59 PM
mostly ghostly?

Yeah, I'll echo the widespread sentiment. Co$ is bullshit business; money-hungry assholes sucking naive people dry.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:42 PM
That fucking Guy...

I've already spoken my thoughts about most "organised" religions, in that I take bits and pieces of most of them in living my everyday life, I don't embrace any particular deity or church but follow a general rule or value system...by not being a complete asshole, not being an overall "bad" person, and helping those in need when I'm able. That should be enough for whatever entity or afterlife theory is, or isn't out there.

1: Giving money should never be a requirement or "entry fee" of religion, donations should be based on what one is able, and derived from what value or peace they feel from their attendance.
2: Religion should not be part of schooling or touch a childs life anymore than they want it to - after all I don't think any child is really "into" religion, most find it boring, but the real crazy fanatics on all sides, tend to be the ones that have had religion shoved upon them at a young age - something I believe from my outside perspective that this particular church pushes, among other things.
Though this happens with all of them I'm certain.
3: That cross pictured, looks like multiple dicks, sharing spiky balls.
Old 05-08-2010, 09:03 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
First time I was in New York, the hotel I stayed at was right next door to their headquarters. It just so happens that they offer free tours (of course), so as a joke we decided to check it out.

We were treated to a brief film promoting the finer (IE: less sci-fi/batshit-insane) points of Dianetics, which basically boiled down to a bunch of mind-over-matter mumbo-jumbo, complete with "real life examples" and carefully omitting all of the elements that would make Regular Joe laugh his ass off or run screaming (IE: Xenu).

This was followed by the overly friendly tour guide forcing a contact sheet down our throats, which asked for everything from address and phone number to social security number. Needless to say, I filled mine out with "No Thanks".

Interesting experience though...I can see how they suck people in. Very, very nice building, incredibly friendly staff, an entertaining little video that I'm sure sucks in the spiritually inclined and almost makes sense until you think about it for a minute...they know what they're doing.

If nothing else, they do a damn good job of hiding the "money-grubbing cult" aspect from the guests of their tour ;)

Old 05-08-2010, 04:10 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
3: That cross pictured, looks like multiple dicks, sharing spiky balls.
Almost a banana/cock hybrid even
Old 05-09-2010, 01:31 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
1: Giving money should never be a requirement or "entry fee" of religion, donations should be based on what one is able, and derived from what value or peace they feel from their attendance.
You Sir will never be a Subgenius and recieve Slack.
Old 05-09-2010, 02:03 AM
Heaven for the climate

The one thing that bugs me is the anti-scientology protests. Seriously, if you are protesting this religion why not have a giant horde at the Vatican? They are all damaging in my book.