Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-03-2010, 05:54 PM
hellraiserprophecy

We just finished a second (and much improved over the first) Hellraiser fan film, HELLRAISER: DEADER - WINTER'S LAMENT (2009) which is at

http://www.winterslament.com/watch/

...for anybody who feels bored/brave/interested.

HELLRAISER: DEADER – WINTER’S LAMENT (2009) is a 30-minute fan film prequel to the seventh studio Hellraiser film, HELLRAISER: DEADER (2005). It is a character study with horror elements, which explores the backstory of Winter, the mysterious antagonist of HELLRAISER: DEADER. The film is nonlinear, with the story intersecting several characters and events from THE PROPHECY (1995), HELLRAISER: BLOODLINE (1996), HELLRAISER: DEADER and the filmmaker’s previous crossover fan film, HELLRAISER: PROPHECY (2006).

Phillip Merchant, a professor of theology is given the news that his brother has been killed by the demonic Cenobites. His brother’s widow tasks him with finding and punishing the creatures responsible for his death, a duty that he reluctantly accepts. Chronicling the events of the ensuing nine years, we watch as Phillip assumes the Winter identity, and acquires arcane knowledge and skills as he and his cult of followers quest to find and control the Cenobites, ultimately leading to his confrontation with the austere Cenobite leader, Pinhead.

HELLRAISER: DEADER – WINTER’S LAMENT is a non-profit fan film crossover created in a collaboration between biologist Jonathan S. Kui and cinematographer John Hudak, Jr. Filming took place on location in Mt. Sinai, Cold Spring Harbor and Lake Ronkonkoma, NY as well as at Liberty Studios in Manhattan. This true “labor of love” was created with the support of a team of volunteer crew, many of whom were trained in filmmaking, and several who were not. As a result, this community effort has produced an earnest fan film prequel whose goal is to do honor to the film entries that preceded it.

Old 05-03-2010, 07:32 PM
Cranky

I watched it... pretty good for an amateur film. Good storytelling.

You need to get tighter in th closeups.
The shaky steady-cam in the library scene is annoying. There's no reason to use it there.
Pretty good effort over all.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 05-04-2010, 10:14 AM
Heaven for the climate

Quote:
Originally Posted by sopater View Post
There are some anthology books on the theme of the cenobites, but I haven't read any yet. I'd like to write a cenobite short story myself, there's a lot of room for creativity on this subject. :)

I tried once, it ended up being convoluted and silly.

Like to try my hand at it again though.