Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Contributors, Articles & Others > News, Reviews & Article Discussions
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-10-2006, 03:08 PM
Evil Dead

Post The Hills Have Eyes (2006)

The lucky ones died first. [details]
Old 03-11-2006, 09:28 AM
Evil Dead

Nice review

Very nice review without giving major pieces of the plot. All of the major points covered.. I want to see this movie now. :D
Old 03-13-2006, 04:30 PM
Living Dead

the hills have eyes

I saw this today and it's one the most disturbing, depraved, and best horror movies to come along since I can remember. As much as I love the horror genre, I'm mostly bored while watching or reading the movies/stories. However, I found myself sitting in the theater with my mouth open, ready to catch flies during the scene of the first night the family is stranded out in the desert. Then later toward the end I couldn't keep my mouth shut (we were alone in theater) saying things like "kill him and shut him up!!" "I told you so!" etc.

If you're a fan of the X-Files, this movie may remind you of the "Home" episode, where Mulder and Scully deal with a family of inbred mutants. This is like that episode but much much more brutal. Good stuff.

As Dave Chappelle says, "better not bring your kids!"

Last edited by sinistar; 03-13-2006 at 04:43 PM.
Old 04-01-2006, 09:28 PM
CharmedOne

Today I finally went to see " The hills have eyes". After all the reviews I have read it was a huge let down. Gore was over yesterday. Yeah some gore evident, but its what is left unsaid and unseen that makes a good horror film and leaves you guessing what's going to happen next. Blood is blood everyone has seen it. Make something new not the same thing over and over again. The film/ plot itself was ok at least. Nuclear Weapons good story line. It also shows some actually footage of the bombs at the beginning which adds a little to it. I was board through out the movie, stayed to see what happen to the family at the end. It did end up coming together more the last 20 min of the movie but still wasn't worth 2 hours of my day.
Old 04-14-2006, 04:17 AM
Evil Dead

I saw it the other week and was quite impressed with it actually. I wasn't too sure if it was gunna be any good, but I liked the directors last film, Haute Tension, so I went in with an open mind and I was surprised at how good it actually was. I liked the whole Nuclear thing - That was a good concept. There were a few gory moments which went down a treat, hehe.

My DVD Collection