Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-03-2014, 07:43 AM
Evil Dead

Favorite Alexandre Aja Film

What's your favorite film that's been directed or produced by Alexandre Aja. He has directed High Tension, Furia, The Hills Have Eyes, Mirrors, Piranha 3D, and the upcoming Horns. He has also produced two movies, P2 and Maniac, which he also wrote the screenplay for.

I've only seen four of his movies, but my absolute favorite is High Tension. I watched it a couple months ago, and, hopefully, I'll buy it on DVD soon.
Old 10-04-2014, 09:32 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux2007 View Post
What's your favorite film that's been directed or produced by Alexandre Aja. He has directed High Tension, Furia, The Hills Have Eyes, Mirrors, Piranha 3D, and the upcoming Horns. He has also produced two movies, P2 and Maniac, which he also wrote the screenplay for.

I've only seen four of his movies, but my absolute favorite is High Tension. I watched it a couple months ago, and, hopefully, I'll buy it on DVD soon.
I don't have a favorite but I enjoyed:

High Tension
The Hills Have Eyes
Mirrors
P2

I need to look into Horns since I don't know much about it.

Old 10-06-2014, 01:09 PM
Evil Dead

My favorite is The Hills Have Eyes. I've watched it 3 or 4 times and still love it. I liked High Tension too, but have only seen it once. Piranha 3D was good for a fun, lightweight film -- the gore was pretty awesome.

I enjoyed P2, but thought it was a step down from the above three. Maybe it would have been better if Aja directed it.

I didn't really like Mirrors. Too much CG, and thought it was overall kinda cheesy.

Old 10-06-2014, 04:53 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giganticface View Post
My favorite is The Hills Have Eyes. I've watched it 3 or 4 times and still love it. I liked High Tension too, but have only seen it once. Piranha 3D was good for a fun, lightweight film -- the gore was pretty awesome.

I enjoyed P2, but thought it was a step down from the above three. Maybe it would have been better if Aja directed it.

I didn't really like Mirrors. Too much CG, and thought it was overall kinda cheesy.
Mirrors is one of my guilty pleasures. I definitely see how you wouldn't like it.
Old 10-06-2014, 09:26 PM
Misanthrope

High Tension. It's got it's flaws but it really set the bar pretty high for intense horror upon it's release. Kind of a pity he's mainly concentrated on remakes.
Old 10-06-2014, 09:40 PM
Pirate of Bengal

Best: The Hills Have Eyes
Good: High Tension
okay effort (at least not hated/disliked): Piranha 3D
Disappointing: Mirrors

Looking forward to check out Horns & Furia.
Old 10-28-2014, 03:08 PM
Atrocity Exhibition

I've been completely underwhelmed by every film he's had anything to do with. I was disappointed to hear he was directing "Horns", a book which I loved. I feel like he was the most out of left field choice for director for that project. I hope that I'm wrong and it turns out great, I just don't think he can handle the material properly.