Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Vintage Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-31-2009, 03:03 AM
Pirate of Bengal

The Tingler (1959)

Ladies & Gentlemen, Please do not Panic, but Scream! Scream for your life!...whoever saw this movie in the theater surely have an experience of their lifetime that holds an enormous cinematic pleasure to always remember. I wish I was there to see the facial expression and behavior of the real audiences when Dr. Warren telling them in the dark to scream in the movie theater to save their lives. I have read in some reviews that they even placed a device, the "Percepto", installed inside the cinema armchairs for vibration so that, when the audience shouts during the movie, they felt a shock! Wow!
The film contains a beautiful, intelligent & original storyline and maintains a continuously tense atmosphere where Vincent Price's flawless & lovely performance added the value that made it an instant cult classic!

[Thanks to AlwaysClumsy...the person who uploaded it on youtube. :)]

>>: A
Old 01-31-2009, 01:26 PM
Scares Little Kids

Send a message via Yahoo to FrightyMcgee
Attack of the Giant Leeches was on last night. The original 1950's one. That was followed up by a 30 minute television episode of something called "The Veil" with Boris Karloff. Apparenlty he did 10 episodes of this show in 1958 and it never aired on tv. Too bad, it's better than the zone.
Old 01-31-2009, 09:51 PM
Cranky

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
The Tingler (1959)

Ladies & Gentlemen, Please do not Panic, but Scream! Scream for your life!...whoever saw this movie in the theater surely have an experience of their lifetime that holds an enormous cinematic pleasure to always remember. I wish I was there to see the facial expression and behavior of the real audiences when Dr. Warren telling them in the dark to scream in the movie theater to save their lives. I have read in some reviews that they even placed a device, the "Percepto", installed inside the cinema armchairs for vibration so that, when the audience shouts during the movie, they felt a shock! Wow!
The film contains a beautiful, intelligent & original storyline and maintains a continuously tense atmosphere where Vincent Price's flawless & lovely performance added the value that made it an instant cult classic!

[Thanks to AlwaysClumsy...the person who uploaded it on youtube. :)]

>>: A

This one of my favorite V. Price movies. I really love it. Glad you enjoyed it, Roshiq!

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 02-01-2009, 09:35 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverending View Post
This one of my favorite V. Price movies. I really love it. Glad you enjoyed it, Roshiq!
It was my pleasure:) .
-------------------------------
Homicidal (1961)

>>: B
Old 02-05-2009, 08:34 AM
Foxhole Atheist

The Devil Rides Out

A Hammer great

Battle Royalty, 2009
@Wolf_Scousemac
Old 02-07-2009, 06:34 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to milktoaste
I just picked up a 20 movie pack titled Chilling for $6.99 at Shopko!! It features Jack Nicholson in The Terror '63, Vincent price in The Man on Earth , James Earl Jones in Blood Tide, and of course 17 more. Super awesome cheep find, it even has House on Haunted Hill '59, Little Shop of Horrors with Jack Nicholson '60 and my all time fav Night of the Living Dead.
Last night I watched The Terror, maybe it was good in the sixties, but I found it pretty dull and talked through the whole thing. It was about a 19th century military officer chasing around a sexy ghost. Decent plot, I may even give it another chance if my cable ever gets shut off.
Old 02-07-2009, 09:00 PM
Evil Dead

Son Of Frankenstein

classic
Old 02-08-2009, 07:51 PM
Cranky

Quote:
Originally Posted by milktoaste View Post
I just picked up a 20 movie pack titled Chilling for $6.99 at Shopko!! It features Jack Nicholson in The Terror '63, Vincent price in The Man on Earth , James Earl Jones in Blood Tide, and of course 17 more. Super awesome cheep find, it even has House on Haunted Hill '59, Little Shop of Horrors with Jack Nicholson '60 and my all time fav Night of the Living Dead.
Last night I watched The Terror, maybe it was good in the sixties, but I found it pretty dull and talked through the whole thing. It was about a 19th century military officer chasing around a sexy ghost. Decent plot, I may even give it another chance if my cable ever gets shut off.
See, you have to know the backstory of The Terror to appreciate it. Corman had 2 days left on a contract with Karloff and instead of just letting that go like any sane person, he said "I've got Karloff for 2 days- I'll make ANOTHER movie!" So a basic script was thrown together, dialogue was shot with Karloff and Nicholson and a few other actors. It all sat in the can for six months when Corman shot some exteriors to cover what was needed, and it was all assembled out of what was onhand. The six month wait made it the longest Corman shoot ever. Really a fun little film showing what Corman could come up with out of nothing.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 02-09-2009, 12:22 PM
Evil Dead

"Dracula, Prince Of Darkness" (1966)
-Christopher Lee

I've always liked this movie, even though I find it funny that Lee has no dialog. Like most of the Hammer Films, this movie is full of atmosphere, great costumes and sets.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:18 PM
Evil Dead

"Curse Of The Undead" (1959)
- Micheal Pate

Plot Synopsis: IMDB

The cinema's first vampire Western! Young women in a small Western town are dying one by one of an unknown malady involving massive blood loss. The Carter family's ranch is being terrorized by ruthless land baron Buffer. And a mysterious black-clad gunfighter with an aversion to sunlight has just arrived in town

Phantom's Review: I've always been a fan of both westerns and horror movies, (especially the classic black and white movies)and on those rare occasions that someone tries to combine the two always interests me.
While this is basically a standard "B" movie. It has some very nice performances from the actors and it maintains, both, a great horror atmosphere (with some cool spooky music)and some classic western action.
If you don't take it to seriously, this is a fun movie.