Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Books & Fiction Writing

Old 06-26-2011, 05:43 AM
Little Boo

New gothic novel hot off the press! (Especially for lycans!)

Hello fellow fanatics of the dark and disturbed,

I am an aspiring author who has just self-published my first novel which I am now trying to get out to as big an audience as possible.

It is available for purchase here...

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/DrMickStaniforth

...and I believe can be printed in the US, UK, Canada, France and Australia.

Here is the blurb...

Quote:
1912: After the death of his uncle, David Bodark is left with an inheritance as unusual as it is intriguing. The key to his family's dark past lies in his hands. But is it worth the cost? Travelling across a continent and fifty-two years back in time, David finds the horrors of the past are not quite dead and buried, and he must face his greatest fears if he is to discover the truth of his ancestors' disappearance. But what precisely was the nature of David's late great-great uncle's experiments? And what of the great black beast that stalked the forests of his native Lukonus? Will David survive to find out?
And here is a little snippet to tease you with.

Quote:
Ahead of me, blocking my route, stood a beast the like of which I have neither seen nor ever heard tell of. The proportions of the monstrosity were immense; it was dog like in form and yet not of any breed I know of; its fur was jet black and dull with the exception of those areas where it was speckled with blood, which gave the coat a shine under the light of the nearly full moon. A rancid mix of saliva and blood dropped from the beast's jaws as it bore its fangs at me. I saw in the eyes of the fiend my own death and could envisage no possible way that I would survive my encounter with the animal.

At first frozen with fear, I locked eyes with the monster, and it with me, until all I could see was the reflection of the moon over its large, black pupils. Finally, it occurred to me that I must make a dash for safety, despite the hopelessness of my situation, I must try, I thought, for the sake of my family. As if the mighty black wolf had heard my thoughts, it began its assault upon me before I even had time to turn away, charging me down, its teeth glistening and roaring fiercely as it sunk its great canines deep into my leg. I cried in pain and fell onto my back, the blood from my wound running warm down to my foot and pooling in my shoe. It would take only one more bite from those powerful jaws to snub me out of existence for good. I waited anxiously, my eyes shut tight from fear and pain, for that final bite to come - ...
I hope this appeals and that plenty of people read and enjoy my work. If you so, please let others know, word of mouth is my most powerful advertising technique currently.

Many thanks for your attention.

M_V
Old 06-26-2011, 05:59 AM
Evil is Better

Sounds interesting. I'm always looking to support aspiring authors, being one myself, i'll pick up a copy when i got the extra money. Good luck.
Old 07-02-2011, 07:43 AM
Little Boo

Update! The book is now available in ebook pdf format at the same link.

Tags
gothic, new novel, self-published, werewolves