Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-17-2010, 01:42 PM
Evil Dead

How has no one mentioned HENRY PORTRAIT OF A SERIAL KILLER?

It's one of the best serial killer bios ever. It's based on the confessions of Henry Lee Lucas add in Otis Toole and Orange (yellow) Socks. Man that movie rocks.
Old 06-17-2010, 02:13 PM
Cranky

You're right- great movie.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 06-17-2010, 02:25 PM
Whip In My Valise

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanlutz View Post
How has no one mentioned HENRY PORTRAIT OF A SERIAL KILLER?

It's one of the best serial killer bios ever. It's based on the confessions of Henry Lee Lucas add in Otis Toole and Orange (yellow) Socks. Man that movie rocks.
ElvisChrist mentioned it and pointed out that it was a little too loosely based on Henry Lee Lucas to be considered a biopic.
Old 06-17-2010, 03:24 PM
Misanthrope

Speaking of Henry Lee Lucas I caught Drifter: Henry Lee Lucas last weekend. It was pretty average but I got more of an insight into the dude (not sure how accurate it all was). Man its been ages since there was a good bio flick.
Old 06-17-2010, 04:04 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWickerFan View Post
ElvisChrist mentioned it and pointed out that it was a little too loosely based on Henry Lee Lucas to be considered a biopic.
In the original theatrical version (played in one NYC theatre) There was a title card before the movie began that said "This movie is based on the confessions of Henry Lee Lucas". Then at the end a title card read "Henry later recanted his confessions".

Many of the stories and killings in this movie are true. The girl in the suitcase was actually a girl the police dubbed Orange or Yellow socks and I think she was his last victim. But, it's been a while since I read about him, so I could be off a little.
Old 06-17-2010, 04:56 PM
Cranky

Lucas was cleared of the "orange socks" killing. He was actually in another state when that crime occured, and there was ample evidence to that fact, which is why then governor George W. Bush commuted his sentence from death to life in prison- the only time a governor in Texas has ever done this.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 06-17-2010, 07:54 PM
Misanthrope

The guy only killed his mother for sure apparently.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:20 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
The guy only killed his mother for sure apparently.
So it seems - his confessions were 'slightly' exaggerated...
Old 06-18-2010, 07:40 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferox13 View Post
So it seems - his confessions were 'slightly' exaggerated...
He was in jail for murder. He'd been in and out of jail for his mother's killing. So, he must have been guilty of killing someone else. If you confess to 152 killings, and the cops close the books on the cases, then you're guilty of some.
Old 06-18-2010, 08:06 AM
Whip In My Valise

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanlutz View Post
He was in jail for murder. He'd been in and out of jail for his mother's killing. So, he must have been guilty of killing someone else. If you confess to 152 killings, and the cops close the books on the cases, then you're guilty of some.
Henry Lee Lucas had confessed to somewhere around 600 murders and recanted all but the murder of his mother. He was convicted of 11 counts of murder, but only received the death sentence for the Orange Socks murder which, as was previously stated, was commuted when it was proven he couldn't possibly have commited that particular murder.

Ottis Toole was sentenced to 20 years for arson and while in prison confessed to murder and then recanted his confession.