Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-28-2015, 04:55 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux2007 View Post
oooh nooo...... that was awful
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMyers View Post
Apollo 18 (2011).

Terrifying found footage space horror with several effective jump scares. Recommended.
Liked Apollo 18 too. Not among the best but a pretty decent one, IMO.

Last edited by roshiq; 10-28-2015 at 04:57 AM. Reason: quote adeed
Old 10-28-2015, 05:09 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
Liked Apollo 18 too. Not among the best but a pretty decent one, IMO.
Hated it. Nothing happened untill the very end.
Old 10-28-2015, 05:21 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
Hated it. Nothing happened untill the very end.
I thought it started out decent but just got worse as it went on
Old 10-28-2015, 08:16 AM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux2007 View Post
oooh nooo...... that was awful
I liked Apollo 18 right up until the reveal of the monster...
Old 10-28-2015, 10:06 AM
Horror Fan

Jason Goes To Hell: The Final Friday (1993) - 7/10

Old 10-28-2015, 11:11 AM
Penthouse Pauper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMyers View Post
Jason Goes To Hell: The Final Friday (1993) - 7/10
Is this the one where Freddy's glove makes an appearance?
Old 10-28-2015, 11:30 AM
Horror Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerialKiller View Post
Is this the one where Freddy's glove makes an appearance?
The same.

Old 10-28-2015, 10:48 PM
No, fuck YOU

Thumb resize.

"Driftwood" 5-6/10

Not as much horror as a youth prison flick.

Kinda like The Devil's Backbone. Difference is, The Devils Backbone was freakin good.
Old 10-28-2015, 10:57 PM
Pirate of Bengal

Cell 213 (2011)

It billed as a "prison horror" with a decent cast that includes Bruce Greenwood & Michael Rooker. But damn...this isn't actually a horror movie! A boring drama that tries to be a "thriller"!

>>: D

Children of the Night aka Limbo (2014)

Alicia, a journalist who receives an unusual request from a nun named Erda who manages an orphanage in the Argentinian countryside known as Limbo. The orphanage, Alicia is told, is for children with a rare genetic disorder and the children are dying because of reasons unknown. Erda urges Alicia to come to Limbo and investigate their cause of death. After arriving at Limbo, Alicia discovers that the children are suffering from something called "Transylvirus," a kind of sensitivity to sunlight. The children sleep during the day and then come out to play at night, do their chores (and sometimes wicked stuffs too!), otherwise act like normal children, ranging in age from very young to their mid-teens. The more she documents their lives, Alicia is struck with the feeling that she's seen many of these children's faces before, but she can't seem to figure out where her sense of deja vu is coming from...

This low-budget horror film from Argentina got a beautiful heart & quite an interesting idea at the core of it which was, in my opinion, so promising that it even could be a decent follow up for the modern classic Let the Right One In (2008)!
But unfortunately it suffers for its inconsistent pacing, tone and amateurish production values. It lacks on cinematic approach, at times even felt like a weekly TV movie. Though personally I'm very much fond of low budget miracles but sadly to say this is one of those cases where I think the story really could have been benefited from a better budget, director and a cleverly written tighter script. I'm not saying that it deserves a big budget American or European remake but its conceptual intention to breaking down the conventional vampire mythology & does something else as well as at the same time dealing with so many great ideas like what it means to be young forever, child abuse, coming of age issues (and of course the overall set up) were intriguing enough to made me think that how much awesome it would be if the whole thing or at least the concept was to get treated by today's sophisticated filmmakers like Guillermo Del Toro (The Devil's Backbone) or J.A. Bayona (The Orphanage).

Despite its negative aspects I still loved it & like to recommend it here. It's a flawed but beautiful film.

>>: B+

Last edited by roshiq; 10-28-2015 at 11:10 PM.
Old 10-29-2015, 01:00 AM
Horror > Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo'd View Post
The Houses October Built.

Pretty fun watch. Far from perfect but effective enough to keep me involved. Very nice concept and decent excecution. The Halloween attractions are cool and range from pretty cheesy to damn scary, and some of the attractions characters are visually memorable. I'm glad I gave it a second look this Hallowday month.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roiffalo View Post
I saw this a few months ago and really liked it too. I remember talking to Horcrux about it and we thought there was something off about the ending. I think I was just getting attached to the characters and was upset to see what happened to them.

The idea behind this movie is what keeps it in good terms with me though. I really want to throw my friends in a van and go on a Haunted House road trip.
I thought the ending did the film justice. I did think of an ending I would have liked more, but I was satisfied with where they took it. Overall, it's a fun little Halloween romp.

Tags
movie