Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-10-2016, 03:18 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampyd1977 View Post
i must be in the minority that doesnt like the movie.
Shrug. Its ok, I didn't like Friday the 13th.
Old 09-20-2016, 04:07 PM
Horror Fan

Very sad to hear the new Blair Witch badly underperformed, maybe the first film hurt it. What the hell happened?

Quote:
Blair Witch Disappoints at the Box Office; Lionsgate Not Likely to Ever Go Back into The Woods

All eyes were on Blair Witch this weekend, and Lionsgate was hoping for big returns… sadly, though, the audience just wasn’t there, which is a shame since it’s very much a worthy sequel.

So, what went wrong? Did the hush-hush approach to the film’s existence backfire? Did all the insane, impossible to keep “promise quotes” used for marketing actually hurt the movie? Who knows? We don’t think any of it helped, that’s for sure.

At the end of the day, Blair Witch was projected to make about $20 million for the weekend but took in just $9.7 million. It was playing on 3,121 screens and averaged $3,092 per location. To put things in perspective, Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2 was deemed to be a disaster after it made back $13 million of its estimated $15 million budget during its opening weekend.

Thankfully, Blair Witch‘s budget was only around $5 million so it’s far from a disaster, but we don’t expect Lionsgate to be revisiting Maryland’s spooky woods again any time soon
http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/189...go-back-woods/

Old 09-20-2016, 05:00 PM
ventricle

I like turtles

Last edited by Sculpt; 09-27-2016 at 09:14 PM.
Old 09-21-2016, 03:28 AM
I am the turtle lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
WTH? Who wrote that criminally critic blurb? Blair Witch's budget was both $13 million and $5 million? What is that some kind of switch joke? *pin drop* Or do they mean the original Blair Witch's budget was $5 million? If they mean the original Blair Witch was $5 million, then specify! You'd write, "Thankfully, the original 1999 Blair Witch‘s budget was only around $5 million so it’s far from a disaster." But the original 1999 Blair Witch‘s budget was $60,000, so I don't know what the hell this blurb is trying to say.

Where are the hounds?

And "Did all the insane, impossible to keep “promise quotes” used for marketing actually hurt the movie?" Hmm... what if... just what if people DIDN'T KNOW what “promise quotes” meant?? Hmm... maybe, just maybe the writer might want to explain that. Oh, I know, it's all terribly passé insider info...
Old 09-27-2016, 09:13 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMyers View Post
Very sad to hear the new Blair Witch badly underperformed, maybe the first film hurt it. What the hell happened?

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/189...go-back-woods/
Blair Witch 2016 has made 21 mil so far, quadruple profit so far.

Tags
blair witch, blair witch petition, eduardo sanchez