Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-27-2010, 09:53 AM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho d View Post
Phenomena (1985). As far as the story goes, this was a mess of a movie. In the realm of unique, this bizarre little flick gets a higher score. As to gross factor, it ends up with a high score. On a bright note, We get to see a young and cute Jennifer Connelly in her third role. Adventurous and quirky, for Argento fans this is a must see. Others might want to steer clear. Personally this was my least favorite Argento flick to date. Late.
d
I d say it is my 2nd favorite Argento flick, behind Suspiria. Re-watched it many times and its pretty enjoyable every time.
Old 06-27-2010, 03:35 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman

believe it or not, this ewe boll flick actually ISNT terrible. certainly a little disjointed with a few gaping plot holes, but all around a solid flick.

Click for B-Movie reviews!
Old 06-27-2010, 03:43 PM
Hellraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mothman View Post

believe it or not, this ewe boll flick actually ISNT terrible. certainly a little disjointed with a few gaping plot holes, but all around a solid flick.
I thought Postal was good.
Old 06-27-2010, 03:56 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
I'm actually watching that right now.

Click for B-Movie reviews!
Old 06-27-2010, 04:01 PM
Evil Dead

The Killer Inside Me - An adaptation of the Jim Thompson noir novel from the 50s, starring Casey Affleck. Brutal and very well executed. Recommended if this kind of genre work is up your alley.

Sam

New horror comics each month | Vols. 1 & 2 on sale now - just $15 each.
Old 06-27-2010, 06:52 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Jonah Hex (2010)

Enjoyable. I'm not overly familiar with the source material - never really got in to western comics for some odd reason - but I thought this was pretty fun overall. Expected more from a script from Neveldine and Taylor, and Malkovich phones in what is probably the dullest performance of his career...but as far as B-grade Hollywood action flicks go, I've seen a lot worse.
Old 06-28-2010, 04:00 AM
Hellraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsneverover View Post
I thought Postal was good.
If the man would stay away from basically posting game names on his movies & passed them off as something original he'd be a B-Movie hero.
Old 06-28-2010, 04:13 AM
Bad Natured

The Rules of the Game (1939). This hinted at being a mess of a painfully convoluted movie, with many characters and underlying back stories and such, but instead it turned into an orchestra of perfectly portrayed chaos of bourgeois tomfoolery. Seamlessly moving from the laughably absurd to grounded realism, the fluidity of this flick defies the complexity of direction. The acting was sublime, with characters whose actions were so mundanely believable that they almost seemed flat, and perfectly so. The direction was phenomenal, with long takes incorporating multiple scenes, all told with the feeling of voyeurism. The story was a portrayal of a decadent society, where the walls of well-instituted hierarchies are breached, bourgeois and proletariat mingle with inappropriate abandon, the last step before ruin. It is also a beautifully weaved story of infidelity, with an ending whose denouement was a requisite sacrifice for some sort of cosmic repentance. A movie that warrants multiple viewings, this was indeed a classic in every sense of the word. Merci beaucoup.

Fate is my mistress, mother of the cruel abomination that is hope.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:28 AM
Evil Dead

Hot Tub Time Machine: First off you really can't expect too terribly much from a movie that focuses around a hot tub that also happens to be a time machine. BUT... I've read that John Cusack pretty much wants to forget the very existence of movies he did early on like Better Off Dead and One Crazy Summer. Well, I would actually say they're better than HTTM. I guess I should have known what to expect as soon as the dog shit started flying early on in the movie. The humor in this is purely infantile. Way too many dick and cock jokes. I'm not saying that it's not a funny movie because it is, but I really expected something far better from Cusack.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:53 AM
Hellraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by siorai View Post
Hot Tub Time Machine: First off you really can't expect too terribly much from a movie that focuses around a hot tub that also happens to be a time machine. BUT... I've read that John Cusack pretty much wants to forget the very existence of movies he did early on like Better Off Dead and One Crazy Summer. Well, I would actually say they're better than HTTM. I guess I should have known what to expect as soon as the dog shit started flying early on in the movie. The humor in this is purely infantile. Way too many dick and cock jokes. I'm not saying that it's not a funny movie because it is, but I really expected something far better from Cusack.
It was a pretty fun movie IMO, It was really predictable that you knew who was going to have a romance. Plus it was supposed to be infantile. As if they were reliving their lives in the 80's along with all the experiences & burden of life now.
Still it was a comedy, can't expect gold!