Old 05-26-2008, 08:04 AM
Top Of The World Ma!!

The Shining.

been mantioned so much around here lately - it made me want to see it again.
(it's been many years since the last time)

still holds up as well as if it was made yesterday.

took me a couple of times to get through it though ..because i was so bloody tired by the time i was able to get to watch a movie
Old 05-26-2008, 01:17 PM
A little glass vial?

Send a message via MSN to nightmare_of _death Send a message via Yahoo to nightmare_of _death Send a message via Skype™ to nightmare_of _death
Indiana Jones and the kingdom of the crystal skull
Old 05-26-2008, 03:11 PM
AsteroidsDoNotConcernMe

Superman: The Movie ...which I think still holds up very nicely. Haven't seen it in years, either, and it's nice to revisit.

Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull...just got back from that. I wasn't expecting it to be very good, so I got what I could out of it. Not a very good movie. It had a few moments of fun. And actually, it is inspiring to see Harrison Ford and Karen Allen in an action flick, considering that neither of them were exactly spring chickens when the FIRST movie was made.

Indiana Jones in the world of digital compositing and CG...well, that last movie (the third) featured some cutting-edge morphing/digital stuff, but it was only dipping its toes in the water. Interesting, at least, to now see Indiana Jones' look adapted to a much-developed medium.

Friend....gooooood!

Old 05-26-2008, 04:50 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Just a question about Kingdom of the Crystal Skull...didn't really seem to warrant a new thread, so I'm posting it here.

Lets say I've only seen Raiders of the Lost Ark - will I still be able to enjoy this one? Like, does it stand up on its own or would I have had to see the whole series to really get it?

My girlfriend wants to go, so I'll probably be seeing it tomorrow night...but she really wants to see Iron Man too, so I'm trying to sway her in that direction - I'd LOVE to watch that one again on the big screen. I do kind of want to see Crystal Skull, but I'd rather get caught up on the series first...even if it does stand on my own, I'd feel a lot more comfortable if I had seen the rest of 'em.
Old 05-26-2008, 04:53 PM
Analrapist

The Namesake
Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle

Thug means never having to say you're sorry.
Old 05-26-2008, 05:21 PM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Return View Post
Just a question about Kingdom of the Crystal Skull...didn't really seem to warrant a new thread, so I'm posting it here.

Lets say I've only seen Raiders of the Lost Ark - will I still be able to enjoy this one? Like, does it stand up on its own or would I have had to see the whole series to really get it?

My girlfriend wants to go, so I'll probably be seeing it tomorrow night...but she really wants to see Iron Man too, so I'm trying to sway her in that direction - I'd LOVE to watch that one again on the big screen. I do kind of want to see Crystal Skull, but I'd rather get caught up on the series first...even if it does stand on my own, I'd feel a lot more comfortable if I had seen the rest of 'em.
You'll miss out on very little but there's some cool inside stuff. I thought it was a blast though.
Old 05-26-2008, 05:56 PM
Banned

Sweeny Todd

I don't usually go for musicals....but Johnny Depp and some nice gore....how can you go wrong.
Old 05-26-2008, 06:04 PM
HDC Resident Serial Killa

Send a message via Yahoo to Freak
Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
Sweeny Todd

I don't usually go for musicals....but Johnny Depp and some nice gore....how can you go wrong.
Tried to watch this about a dozen time and can never make it past the first 20 mins.Just can't handle all the damn singing.
Old 05-26-2008, 10:14 PM
Pirate of Bengal

WAZ (2007)

>>: B-
Old 05-27-2008, 12:19 AM
She's under the stairs

Pupetmaster

5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx
Because you want his maggot ridden dick dontcha