Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Site Announcements

Old 01-24-2009, 07:28 AM
Cenobiter

Horror.com - Big Changes, Coming Soon

Hi Everyone -

Hope your 2009 is off to a great start! :)

Did you know that 2009 is the 15 anniversary of Horror.com? That's crazy, but true!

Just a quick update to let you all know that some big changes are coming soon to Horror.com. We've been working on this for a long time and we're excited about the news. If all goes well, we are planning to replace the software the runs the main Horror.com site next week. Don't worry, we are not replacing the forum (although we do plan to upgrade vBulletin after the other changes are complete), just the software that manages the articles and other parts of the site.

We have had another version of Horror.com running in BETA for several months so we could test it and fix the bugs, and we think it's ready for the real world. At first, you might not notice any big changes to the site, but the new software has many more options and features that we plan to introduce in the coming months.

So, get ready for a new-and-improved Horror.com very soon!

Also, as far as the recent rash of drive-by spammers, I'm working on that right now as well and hope to have a solution in place before the end of the weekend. It's very hard to stop spammers, but we can try a few things and see if we can slow them down. :)

Take care, everyone, and talk to you soon!
Old 01-24-2009, 08:13 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by horror View Post
Hi Everyone -

Hope your 2009 is off to a great start! :)

Did you know that 2009 is the 15 anniversary of Horror.com? That's crazy, but true!

Just a quick update to let you all know that some big changes are coming soon to Horror.com. We've been working on this for a long time and we're excited about the news. If all goes well, we are planning to replace the software the runs the main Horror.com site next week. Don't worry, we are not replacing the forum (although we do plan to upgrade vBulletin after the other changes are complete), just the software that manages the articles and other parts of the site.

We have had another version of Horror.com running in BETA for several months so we could test it and fix the bugs, and we think it's ready for the real world. At first, you might not notice any big changes to the site, but the new software has many more options and features that we plan to introduce in the coming months.

So, get ready for a new-and-improved Horror.com very soon!

Also, as far as the recent rash of drive-by spammers, I'm working on that right now as well and hope to have a solution in place before the end of the weekend. It's very hard to stop spammers, but we can try a few things and see if we can slow them down. :)

Take care, everyone, and talk to you soon!

Hmmm... So let me get this right, Sir.

You're the creator of this magnificent site and it has excisted since 1994.....

And you still haven't come up with your favorite horror movie?

Jesus...... :rolleyes:

:D
Old 01-24-2009, 08:23 AM
Cenobiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
Hmmm... So let me get this right, Sir.

You're the creator of this magnificent site and it has excisted since 1994.....

And you still haven't come up with your favorite horror movie?

Jesus...... :rolleyes:

:D
Actually, there are several of us who are involved in running the site and we didn't create the site. We took it over around 2002-2003 when the original creator of the site decided to retire. But, I'll add my favorite movie right away - just remember, it changes often. :)
Old 01-24-2009, 08:35 AM
Super Moderator

hopefully a few other things will get sorted.
Old 01-24-2009, 08:37 AM
For Vendetta

Wonderful news.

Thanks for coming in and addressing a lot of important pending issues, Horror. I am really glad to see you around.

And I am more happy to hear about the upgrades. Hopefully the spammers will stay out and we will have a lot of good traffic going for the site once more.

Thank you, again.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:47 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by horror View Post
But, I'll add my favorite movie right away - just remember, it changes often. :)

Awsome.

I don't think many people in here know "Día de la bestia, El", but i'm sure a lot of us is going to look for it now. ;)
Old 01-24-2009, 06:40 PM
whatever gets you through

i'd like new upholstery and a wet bar please
Old 01-24-2009, 08:36 PM
Mighty HDC Drunken Pirate

Is there a possibility we can get a buy/sell/trade forum akin to what DVD Talk has?
Old 01-26-2009, 10:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwoti View Post
hopefully a few other things will get sorted.
yeah.....like the fact that I was voted President of HDC, over 2 years ago and I still haven't had my Inauguration. :mad:
Old 01-26-2009, 11:03 AM
No redeeming qualities

I wish you could use slightly larger files for avatars--10kb isn't excessive, is it?