Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-29-2007, 12:37 PM
R.I.P NUTS ARCADE

Send a message via MSN to Thomasgeorge Send a message via Yahoo to Thomasgeorge
xbox 360 red rings

I know this should be on the game forum but no one post there. I waswondering if anyones xbox 360 has had the red rings and if so did they have to buy a new live

achivments:
Im the most irrelevant poster of 2005 oy yeah
Im the most irrelevant poster of 2006 oy yeah
Im the most irrelevan poster of 2007 oy yeah
Old 09-29-2007, 01:09 PM
Get ahold of yourself.

Send a message via AIM to massacre man
Red ring basically means "You're fucked"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_36...nical_problems
Old 09-29-2007, 01:28 PM
HDC Resident Serial Killa

Send a message via Yahoo to Freak
I got them once.I was going to buy a new one then microsoft starting fixing them for free.So just call them up and they will send you a new one in a few weeks even if you don't have a warranty.
Old 09-29-2007, 02:03 PM
Chrono's Lesbian Lover

Well, the red rings don't mean that its completly broke, try restarting it or turning it off for a while then start it again. THOUGH if you get a green screen and the red rings then you got a problem.
You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.
Old 09-29-2007, 04:49 PM
Evil Dead

Another one huh?
I understand it's happened so much that they're offering a 3-year warranty on top of the one-year, just for that problem specifically.

Either way, both of the "big 2" are releasing new versions of their current consoles (I should have the official scoop on what's going on with sony by tuesday, they had an "event"), hopefully the problems with both of 'em will be sorted out.
Old 09-29-2007, 10:29 PM
older lover undercover

If people would take proper care of their equipment they wouldn't have to moan about microsoft or sony. They run hot, don't put them on the floor or surrounded by clothes. Same goes for the power supply which I'm sure a lot of people just toss behind the tv where it gets the hottest...

If you have the 3 red lights on your xbox call microsoft, it's under a 3 year warranty.
Old 09-30-2007, 03:53 AM
R.I.P NUTS ARCADE

Send a message via MSN to Thomasgeorge Send a message via Yahoo to Thomasgeorge
miine is still working fine

achivments:
Im the most irrelevant poster of 2005 oy yeah
Im the most irrelevant poster of 2006 oy yeah
Im the most irrelevan poster of 2007 oy yeah
Old 09-30-2007, 05:11 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturne View Post
If people would take proper care of their equipment they wouldn't have to moan about microsoft or sony. They run hot, don't put them on the floor or surrounded by clothes. Same goes for the power supply which I'm sure a lot of people just toss behind the tv where it gets the hottest...

If you have the 3 red lights on your xbox call microsoft, it's under a 3 year warranty.
Your'e talking out of your ass. I had two 360's both got red rings. The 3rd replacement they sent me i sold on ebay. My buyer contacts me two days later & says hes got the rings of death. This problem is well publicised & M$ know all about it. Industry estimates a 33% or higher failure rate with 2nd generation 360's. Out of 11 of my mates 7 of them have had problems i suppose all of them hav'nt taken care of their consoles?
Do you know who i am? I'm the ANTICHRIST. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood, tell the ANGELS in Heaven you never saw EVIL so singularly personified than in the face of the man who KILLED you........

I ask you again Captain, where will you go?
You can destroy my specimens but what about the millions that wait to greet you outside?
Do you really think you can blow the piss out of them?
All of them?
Old 09-30-2007, 06:36 AM
Evil Dead

Yeah, from what I've heard it's a manufacturing fault/kink
Old 09-30-2007, 07:03 AM
Evil Puppy

Had one in the beginning, returned it to BestBuy but kept my hard drive. Lost nothing at all. I don't think there's been a system since the Dreamcast that I haven't had problems with as an early adopter. The PS2, XBox, and 360 have given me problems while the PS3 has troubled my brother. Hmmmm, actually, nobody I know with a Wii has had a problem. SOME people do cause the problem themselves by placing the power supply on carpet or almost encasing their 360 in their entertainment center but trust me, it's not all the users fault. I had my first 360 on top of my entertainment center in open air with the power supply on its own shelf with a small fan blowing on it. Still got the RRoD.