Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-11-2007, 02:56 PM
Hehehehehe

Send a message via AIM to CryptKeeper13
God of War

I know this isn't exactly horror oriented, but the game is filled with tons of gore and creatures from Hade's. I loved both of the games they have out right now and I think they deserved a thread. Anybody else play them? Also what were your most frustrating parts? For me it was in the first one when you are at the Challenge of Hades and and walking on those boards with the swinging blades.... first time through it took me forever:mad: but the second time through on God Mode I got through on the first try.
Old 04-11-2007, 06:38 PM
Evil Dead

I'm playing through the first one right now. My friend Kat lent me her copy.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:06 PM
my opinion counts dammit

Send a message via MSN to stubbornforgey Send a message via Yahoo to stubbornforgey
Quote:
Originally Posted by CryptKeeper13 View Post
I know this isn't exactly horror oriented, but the game is filled with tons of gore and creatures from Hade's. I loved both of the games they have out right now and I think they deserved a thread. Anybody else play them? Also what were your most frustrating parts? For me it was in the first one when you are at the Challenge of Hades and and walking on those boards with the swinging blades.... first time through it took me forever:mad: but the second time through on God Mode I got through on the first try.

haven't quite had the pleasure yet but have heard quite alot about this game.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:07 PM
Hehehehehe

Send a message via AIM to CryptKeeper13
It's so great.....:)
Old 04-12-2007, 07:46 PM
JimJohnJuke

Yes that part with the beams and swinging blades pissed me off quite a bit too, but another part that made me mad was when you had to save the oracle that sucked some big ol' donkey balls.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:19 AM
One Badass Muthafucka

This is a killer series. I have personally beat the crap out of both games!
Old 04-21-2007, 09:23 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
I got this on ps2...dunno if it made it to any other formats...
But, holy fuck what a KICKMUTHAFUCKIN'ASS game!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It works a little like the LOTR games in terms of battle sequences but IMO a shitload better...you're not completely innundated with enemies, so you can clearly see what's going on, but there's no shortage either.
The storyline is quite decent so far, graphically it's excellent, the scenery (at least for the first stage) "feels" very real, and the music and ambient sound is allllll good.
The bosses? Not stupid...there's ways to beat them that you have to figure out, not complex...but there's more to it than just hacking away at them, just how I like it, the first major battle with the hydra is fucking intense.
The combat in general is gonna be a treat for anyone who likes a real chunky fight...there are SO many different things you can do while fighting, bodyslams, grabs and throws, and ripping people in half never gets old. This game is bloody and viscious....so, so, so, so, so good.
I would reccomend this to anyone that's after a good, solid action title.
I agree with this post I made forever ago.
Haven't played the second one yet.
My one problem with the first one was the swimming scenes...but then, I never like swimming scenes in games really.
Remains one of the best action games I've ever played, and I look foward to the sequel, but I'm not paying what they're charging for it right now.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:46 PM
Evil Dead

The 2nd game is awesome, good graphics for a PS2 game (considering its age). Alot harder, with more variety of puzzles and combos.

With a promise of a PS3 game and talk of a movie. I can't wait.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:52 AM
We ride with death tonite

First things first, Kratos is one bad-ass motherfucker!

I'v beaten through both of these gmes and I beleive that they are the bast games to be released on the PS2 in a long time. Some of the death moves are fatastic (like forcing the Blades of Chaos down minataurs throats), and some of the characters, like the collossus, Atlas and Aries, are so huge that its kinda overwhelming. The visuals are great and the violence is harecore.

To anybody who has not played either of the God of War, I'd highly reccomend them.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:18 AM
Tonight's the nght.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathrider View Post
First things first, Kratos is one bad-ass motherfucker!

I'v beaten through both of these gmes and I beleive that they are the bast games to be released on the PS2 in a long time. Some of the death moves are fatastic (like forcing the Blades of Chaos down minataurs throats), and some of the characters, like the collossus, Atlas and Aries, are so huge that its kinda overwhelming. The visuals are great and the violence is harecore.

To anybody who has not played either of the God of War, I'd highly reccomend them.
Dante's better.