Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-15-2009, 11:08 AM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
Is there any way you can escalate this issue to Steam and get your money back? Or are they going to come back and say the performance issues are on your end?
I've known people with this problem and they'll usually just keep you on the phone trying to fix it. Your computer and graphics card must all meet the minimum requirements, you have to go download and update drives (as well as editing the odd .ini file), and frankly it's all just a pain in the ass.

BUT

If you buy a pc game from any store, online or B&M, and then open the game only to find out you can't get it running... you're screwed. I don't know any place that will give you a return on an open pc game, only an exchange.

As far as the game goes, I can see people not liking it but shit, I'm so sick and tired of people pressing their opinion like it's a fucking fact. Murderdoll, what didn't you like about the demo? (I mean, other than your dark and brooding soul that can't find joy in anything... except Rick Astley.)
Old 03-15-2009, 11:18 AM
No, fuck YOU

Rick Astley.... rrrrrrrrrr

Old 03-15-2009, 06:41 PM
Misfit

Send a message via AIM to Posher778 Send a message via MSN to Posher778 Send a message via Yahoo to Posher778
Well I bought it online, so there's no way to *open* it. No excuse but to refund my money. Faulty merchandise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X View Post
oh posher, I love you.

well as much as a girl can love a squirrely little girly man I suppose.

None of this is real
Old 03-15-2009, 09:55 PM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posher778 View Post
Well I bought it online, so there's no way to *open* it. No excuse but to refund my money. Faulty merchandise.
I understand that but you could TECHNICALLY still pirate the game with the files you've downloaded so they might get uppity. I hope not, good luck.
Old 03-15-2009, 10:03 PM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despare View Post
I'm so sick and tired of people pressing their opinion like it's a fucking fact.
A statement worthy of saving in my signature. I know quite a few who are guilty of the abovesaid.

Posh, you cannot ask for a refund now because like you said, you have been roaming around forums and ware sites looking for "fixes" and "updating" the game software as much as possible. That wont go well with Steam.

What is your system configuration? Can you post it here? Bioshock and Crysis are two games that require pretty steep hardware to work properly.

I might be able to help you with this.
Old 03-16-2009, 03:21 AM
Misfit

Send a message via AIM to Posher778 Send a message via MSN to Posher778 Send a message via Yahoo to Posher778
Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
A statement worthy of saving in my signature. I know quite a few who are guilty of the abovesaid.

Posh, you cannot ask for a refund now because like you said, you have been roaming around forums and ware sites looking for "fixes" and "updating" the game software as much as possible. That wont go well with Steam.

What is your system configuration? Can you post it here? Bioshock and Crysis are two games that require pretty steep hardware to work properly.

I might be able to help you with this.
Maybe on a different day, where i'm not about to crucify the files to the PC devil or something. I'll keep you posted.

Quote:
oh posher, I love you.

None of this is real
Old 03-16-2009, 03:23 AM
Misfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despare View Post
I understand that but you could TECHNICALLY still pirate the game with the files you've downloaded so they might get uppity. I hope not, good luck.
Who cares if Steam is pissed at me! Hundreds of people have had the same problem with Steam's hosting of Bioshock, and the only solutions they've found were fixes and patches. That's absolute bullshit.

Quote:
oh posher, I love you.

None of this is real
Old 03-16-2009, 10:44 AM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posher778 View Post
Who cares if Steam is pissed at me! Hundreds of people have had the same problem with Steam's hosting of Bioshock, and the only solutions they've found were fixes and patches. That's absolute bullshit.

It's not them being pissed at you, it's the company protecting their product and supposedly preventing pirating. PC gaming has been rife with bugs since the beginning, unfortunately being able to "patch" games made developers rush products out even faster so you encounter more bugs than usual. I remember having to patch Duke 3D because of bugs (granted, Oregon Trail never needed a patch but it might have been nice, too much Dysentery) and it's something you deal with if you're a PC gamer. Life sucks, get a helmet. :)
Old 04-21-2009, 04:59 PM
Fear scented candle

posh, do you have an Nvidia video card? I do and had a fucking hell of a time when i first got bioshock. Get the LATEST drivers for your card, first and foremost. you are also no doubt running vista, so you could try compatibility mode, though that probably wont help.

Try the new drivers and also try lowering the settings. Also, check to see if there are any bioshock updates available. out of the box, the game was pretty broken, but over the last almost 2 years they have ironed out the bugs. mine ran like sahit for 9 months, but has purred like a kitten ever since.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:30 AM
That fucking Guy...

Fuck Hitler!