Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Books & Fiction Writing
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-12-2008, 11:50 AM
Sweeeeeeeet!

Remember Chiller books?

Hey, I'm writing an essay for a Uni class on R.L Stine, but while I was thinking about it I remembered another series (apart from Goosebumps) I used to read as a kid and I'm positive they were called Chillers. I don't remember the author or if these books were american, british, worldwide, what, but I do remember one title: 'My Ghostly Playmate'. I think a few others were something about a Bog Girl and another about an Ogre.

Does anyone remember or know of these? It would be great if you could tell me the author. I tried looking them up on google, Wiki and on Amazon.co.uk and .com but nothing has come up except for a series called American Chillers which I'm positive is not it because they all have states in their titles.

Maybe I'm just not looking hard enough >.<

It would be great for a little bit of info so A) I can compare and use for my essay and B) I don't have to go thumping around my attic with next-to-no hope of finding the right box lol.

"He's a chicken, I tell you! A giant chicken!"
Old 02-12-2008, 12:24 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to jenna26
Hmmmmm.....there are two other series of books like Goosebumps that I remember that MIGHT fit. But not sure. One was the Bone Chillers series and the other was Spine Chillers. Hope that helps, if it is not either one of those I am not sure.
Old 02-12-2008, 12:52 PM
Sweeeeeeeet!

Thank you for your suggestions, but I've just remembered the title 'Shivers' !!! I'm such a numpty. Anyways, thank you for your suggestions, they would have helped I'm sure lol.

If you do remember Shivers (now that I have the right name) maybe you could say if you thought they were scarier than Goosebumps and maybe why? Obs if you didn't read these or read them as a kid or just don't remember then this will be a pointless question, but any info will help I'm sure :D

Thanks again.

Old 02-12-2008, 07:35 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to jenna26
Sorry, I don't know much about any of them, the only reason I even know titles is because my mom managed a bookstore for years, and I helped out sometimes. I did read quite a few of the Fear Street books when I was a kid. And I realize that doesn't help you at all though....;)
Old 02-15-2008, 10:10 AM
Sweeeeeeeet!

Doh >.< I came so close to writing about his Fear Street series too...Aw, well, thank you anyway! I rooted around my attic and managed to find enough books to compare and write about now. :D