Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-20-2007, 02:56 AM
Evil Dead

Are you threatening meeeeee?
Old 11-20-2007, 10:52 AM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx View Post
Are you threatening meeeeee?
Eh? Who are you talking to? Playing Beavis and Butthead for the Genesis? :)
Old 11-26-2007, 07:28 AM
Hellraiser

I have an ancient laptop that basically functions as a word processor and storage for my emulators. I've got Stella and Nester on it right now, and a third one that I can't remember. If I went to boot the laptop up to find out, I would have to wait half an hour to finish this post. *laugh*
As a surprise after working on my laptop my friend returned it to me with roms of every Atari 2600 game he could get his hands on, along with a few Game Boy titles and a few things from the Sega Genesis. There are some old classics on there too, like Contra. I'll have to go look and see what I load it in to to play it.
Old 12-07-2007, 11:18 AM
Synthetic Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red1332 View Post
As a surprise after working on my laptop my friend returned it to me with roms of every Atari 2600 game he could get his hands on
And that amounts to about 2.5 megabytes of files :) Just looking at them, these files were so small - the biggest was about 16kb (most are 4-8kb). Amazing how they could make such fun and playable games out of so little.

Current PC games are often 4+ gigs. Sure, they are much more complex, and a lot of that storage goes into multimedia (video cutscenes, sampled audio). It's just amazing how far things have come.
Old 12-07-2007, 02:53 PM
Hellraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManchestrMorgue View Post
And that amounts to about 2.5 megabytes of files :) Just looking at them, these files were so small - the biggest was about 16kb (most are 4-8kb). Amazing how they could make such fun and playable games out of so little.
Quite true...except it was a REALLY old Compaq Presario so that 2.5 megabytes is the difference between 4 minutes and 8 minutes booting up. :D

This is one of the things I love about flash games as well...nothing really fancy, but they're damned entertaining and you'll keep going back to them.
Old 12-08-2007, 12:04 PM
Synthetic Flesh

Quote:
Quite true...except it was a REALLY old Compaq Presario so that 2.5 megabytes is the difference between 4 minutes and 8 minutes booting up. :D
Heh you think that is old. I have a Toshiba laptop still languishing under my bed. It is c1989. 2x3.5" floppies. CGA graphics. 1 meg of ram. It probably couldn't cope with Stella :)

Quote:
This is one of the things I love about flash games as well...nothing really fancy, but they're damned entertaining and you'll keep going back to them.
So true. PC games are great when you have time to play for 30 mins or more, but often times I find I don't have a lot of time time game uninterrupted. Flash/arcade etc games are perfect when you just have a few minutes and want to play something that you can get straight into and finish in a short time.

You really need to try MAME if you haven't already. I think you would love it.
Old 12-08-2007, 08:18 PM
Evil Dead

If you like flash games, get the one called NINJA.
Easily the best I've seen. Jump around off things, run up walls...etc while collecting "gold", activating switches, avoiding traps and enemies.
Great fun, challenge increases fairly over time.
I posted it waaaay back, but went and found it for you...
http://www.harveycartel.org/metanet/n.html
Some funny-ass deaths too.
Only those looking for a serious challenge need apply.

Back to the topic at hand...I was wondering if you guys could tell me some cool rpgs to check out on the snes.
I've played the secret of mana, zelda, and earthbound already...but I know there's heaps of 'em. Any recos?
Old 12-08-2007, 10:50 PM
Synthetic Flesh

Quote:
I was wondering if you guys could tell me some cool rpgs to check out on the snes.
I've played the secret of mana, zelda, and earthbound already...but I know there's heaps of 'em. Any recos?
No recommendations because I never really got into rpg's on the SNES. But I found this link that lists a few:

http://forums.gamewinners.com/forums...d.php?t=282986

As I say, don't know which ones are good or not, but it might give you some things to look out for.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:33 PM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Back to the topic at hand...I was wondering if you guys could tell me some cool rpgs to check out on the snes.
Robotrek
the Lufia series
the Soul Blazer series (Soul Blazer, Illusion of Gaia, and Terranigma)
Breath of Fire series
Super Mario RPG
Lagoon
Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy 3 (You know the drill right? 3 here is 6 in Japan...)
Brain Lord
Harvest Moon (heh)
Shadowrun

Don't overlook the Genesis which had a few good RPGs and Action RPGs like Landstalker, Beyond Oasis, and the Phantasy Star series just to name a few.
Old 12-12-2007, 02:54 AM
Evil Dead

Thanks.

Just played CRIME CITY on mame...haha