Old 02-11-2009, 02:51 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Yogen [Premonition] (2004)

A pretty decent J-horror that nicely dealt with the emotional stuff of the story where a college teacher..Satomi finds a newspaper foretelling his daughter's death and ultimately he failed to save her. Three years later, with Satomi broken by her demise, another newspaper appears predicting doom. Worth a watch.

>>: B

Rinne aka Reincarnation (2005)

>>: B
Old 02-14-2009, 09:29 AM
No, fuck YOU

"God of cookey" 5/10
Old 02-17-2009, 01:57 PM
No, fuck YOU

"Fight back to school" 6/10
Old 02-20-2009, 10:22 AM
Evil Puppy

Meatball Machine

This one had a much different pacing than films like Machine Girl and Tokyo Gore Police. The blood and gore wasn't as immediate, and the insanity wasn't as non-stop. That being said, I honestly enjoyed the story in this one more than I did in either of the other two movies I mentioned (which have been compared repeatedly to MM). It's slower and not as over the top (trust me, it's still all sorts of crazy though) but I thought it was a great J-splatter flick. I liked it a lot, even though I was expecting something different.
Old 02-22-2009, 07:17 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Noroi the curse (2005)

Ichise Takashige, producer of such fright classics as Ring, Dark Water, and Ju-on, presents a thrillingly Japanese mockumentary about a TV journalist Masafumi Kobayashi who had gone missing at present, leaving behind several video tapes of his unpublished work on his latest (and the last, apparently) paranormal research.

There's none of those stereotypical long-haired ghosts but the films successfully manages to hold an incredibly eerie atmosphere till the "pleasant" ending. Though the acting was bit mediocre and there are some things that weren't explained clearly but actually I haven't any complain for that cause everything else executed quite finely.

>>: B+

Spirited Away (2001)

Amazing.

>>: A

Onibaba (1964)

lust, envy, wrath and betrayal all wrapped up amazingly in this cinematic spectacle of human drama. The camera work, characterization, scores and the beautiful creepy mask all were undoubtedly excellent.

>>: A
Old 02-22-2009, 11:19 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
Noroi the curse (2005)

Ichise Takashige, producer of such fright classics as Ring, Dark Water, and Ju-on, presents a thrillingly Japanese mockumentary about a TV journalist Masafumi Kobayashi who had gone missing at present, leaving behind several video tapes of his unpublished work on his latest (and the last, apparently) paranormal research.

There's none of those stereotypical long-haired ghosts but the films successfully manages to hold an incredibly eerie atmosphere till the "pleasant" ending. Though the acting was bit mediocre and there are some things that weren't explained clearly but actually I haven't any complain for that cause everything else executed quite finely.
A

You must really've loved The Blair Witch Project..

Almost through with it. Forever.

I'm really not a fan of docu horror.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:37 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
You must really've loved The Blair Witch Project..

Almost through with it. Forever.

I'm really not a fan of docu horror.
Nope, I'm not a big fan of Blair Witch Project (nice concept but could have been better) but I have no problem with docu horror as long they won't bore me & have a decent storyline.

Humm...it seems you didn't like Noroi, that's okay but I'm surely going to recommend it for the Top 100! Muhahahaha!:D

Body#19 (2007)

A decent psychological Thai horror (from the maker of Shutter & Alone) where nothing much else to wow you, but it does provide some good chilling Boo moments...specially I liked that creepy looking dirty cat! Very average performance by the actors & CGI effects of the ghost (with big boobs!) were also pretty mediocre!

>>: B-
Old 02-23-2009, 04:50 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
Nope, I'm not a big fan of Blair Witch Project (nice concept but could have been better) but I have no problem with docu horror as long they won't bore me & have a decent storyline.

Humm...it seems you didn't like Noroi, that's okay but I'm surely going to recommend it for the Top 100! Muhahahaha!:D

Body#19 (2007)

A decent psychological Thai horror (from the maker of Shutter & Alone) where nothing much else to wow you, but it does provide some good chilling Boo moments...specially I liked that creepy looking dirty cat! Very average performance by the actors & CGI effects of the ghost (with big boobs!) were also pretty mediocre!

>>: B-
I'm halfway through a philippine horror movie called "Feng shui". Quite good actually. Nicely eerie.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:40 AM
Banned

Put on Nightmare Detective last night at about 10:30

not a good idea watching a movie with subtitles when you're tired......fell asleep about 45 minutes into it.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:55 AM
No, fuck YOU

"Feng shui" 6-7/10

Had its moments.

Philippine language might be the most fucked up language i've ever heard. just about every third sentence contains at least 1 english word. Isn't that odd?