Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-15-2007, 06:53 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
caught the last half hour of Alien Apocolypse on Sci-fi.

Campbell owns so many aliens.

Click for B-Movie reviews!
Old 12-15-2007, 08:43 AM
Tenant

Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan (2006)
Old 12-15-2007, 08:57 AM
Mark It 0

watched return to house on haunted hill...the acting was over the top horrible, alot of the deaths looked to fake, not a good movie by ant means
also watched planet terror, saw this when it came out haven"t watched it since...great movie lots of gore, acting was great and good story and action
Old 12-15-2007, 09:59 AM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybomb View Post
watched return to house on haunted hill...the acting was over the top horrible, alot of the deaths looked to fake, not a good movie by ant means
Did you watch it on DVD? I saw a comercial that talked it up to be "interactive" as in "CHOOSE YOUR OWN MOVIE"... Who dies and who lives...

Did you get that version? I'm a little curious to see if it actually worked and if it was as nifty as it sounds...

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 12-15-2007, 10:24 AM
Mark It 0

i have the dvd, but just watched the movie, didn't know about that option, i'll check it out later when i get off work and let you know
Old 12-15-2007, 10:54 AM
She's under the stairs

The Nightmare Before Christmas 3D

I saw it at the cinema last night, I had a great time... It was the first time I've seen a movie in 3D. I hadn't noticed before how mean Jck Skeleton is to Zero..

8.5/10

Gremlins

I thought I was going to miss it because of work , but it turned out I was on day shift. It was great to come home and watch this classic.. I now actually think it is Christmas time...

8/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx
Because you want his maggot ridden dick dontcha
Old 12-15-2007, 11:31 AM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

I Am Legend

Where to begin?

The good: Will Smith is excellent. His performance is nuanced and off-kilter and engaging - I was rather surprised. The first half of the film is a great character study with incredible visuals. Manhattan looks like a wonderfully realized version of what Washington D.C. was in the end of Logan's Run. The running time was refreshing as well, clocking in at 100 minutes, it is a brisk-paced film that never feels bloated.

The Bad: The third act came out of nowhere. The digi creatures looked no better than THE MUMMY and the story... It sure as shit isn't Matheson's I Am Legend.

For those not familiar with Matheson's source material it could be seen as a worthy entry into Last man on Earth, apocalyptic survival movie genre. To everyone else it will be a disappointment.

I liked some elements and truly appreciated the world in which the story takes place, but it fell a little flat for me.

6.5/10

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon
Old 12-15-2007, 11:44 AM
Evil Dead

The post-hype rating is B/B+ for I Am Legend.

I agree with Roderick that the creature effects were very poorly done. Everything looked far too cartoon-y, including the animals (rats, deer, and lions) within the world. The third act was also the weakest.

Perhaps the reason I enjoyed it so much is simply because I have not digested any previous I Am Legend material. Or the fact that I love character studies.
Old 12-15-2007, 12:32 PM
Atrocity Exhibition

Strange Brew.
Taxi Driver.
First Blood with Sly Stallone commentary.
Old 12-15-2007, 01:54 PM
Payback's a Bitch

Send a message via AIM to GorePhobia Send a message via Yahoo to GorePhobia
I loved I Am Legend. Never read anything about the source material and don't quite care that the creatures looked cartoonish because they are CG and you can't get priceless things. The city looked amazing because they most likely used the outline of it from real time and then added the CGI look after which is why that looks amazing and the creatures didn't because they were straight CG. I still liked it no matter what.