Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-21-2013, 07:20 AM
Sometimes dead is better

They should not make a sequel to the remake of a Nightmare on Elm Street. Honestly, that idea does not make any sense because the film was so terrible. I agree there were some things I liked such as the darker tone and some of the psychological explanations of what was going on. Other than those, the film was absolutely terrible. First, the acting was terrible, including Jackie Earle Haley (He just was not Freddy). Second, thye plot was uninteresting and as you mentioned there was virtually no character development. Honestly, it would take all day to break down what was wrong with this film (no offense). As far as sequels go, I agree that many of them are terrible and should never have been made. Some exceptions being John Carpenter's The Thing, Thirteen Ghosts, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (which I actually thought was relaltively good, not a master piece, but good), and The Haunting. The worst remake of all time would have to be The Friday the 13th film, unlike Rob Zombie's Halloween and A Nightmare on Elm Street (where there were interesting ideas that wered poorly executed, making these films terrible) this film had absolutely nothing redeeming. As far as originals, I thought the original The Last House on the Left was disturbing, but still pretty good, although I would agree the remake was terrible. I enjoyed the original Carrie a lot, there were many great things about it. I especially liked how De Palma gave a more negative ending to it than in King's book. As for It, I have always thought that was a terribly overrated film and am glad to see that there are a number of people who agree with me.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:26 AM
Living Dead

Totally agree he made an awful kreugar, infact there was a review made by phallus (phalen porteous) on this film ill see if i can find it although it might be difficult on my phone
Old 03-21-2013, 08:10 AM
Living Dead

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/vid...-on-elm-street

Sorry its actually phelous (oops)
Old 03-21-2013, 08:18 AM
Midnight toker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
That review was more irritaiting than any sequel could ever be....
Old 03-21-2013, 08:31 AM
Living Dead

Ill remind you of that after you watch the sequl if one happens :-P
Old 03-21-2013, 08:36 AM
Midnight toker

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek View Post
ill remind you of that after you watch the sequl if one happens :-p
:(

Old 03-21-2013, 10:42 AM
Living Dead

My spelling is awfull today, i do apologise!
Old 03-21-2013, 10:57 AM
Midnight toker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
My spelling is awfull today, i do apologise!
Awful. :rolleyes:
Old 03-21-2013, 01:13 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Gray View Post
I have to disagree about Tim Curry, his Pennywise was nothing like the Pennywise in the novel. It was a completely cheesy performance by a cheesy actor. The Pennywise in the novel oozes with sinister vibes, Pennywise in the miniseries does not.

The remake is suppose to be two films and much darker with an R rating. As long as I see an inclusion of the fire at the Black Spot, the Interludes, the Smoke Hole, the House on Neibolt Street, the death of Patrick Hockstetler, and the disguises of Pennywise that are in the novel, I will be happy.
Well see that's why i liked him as Pennywise. The movie was cheesy and he played the character accordingly. Obviously if they do a remake like the book, they need to change his character. I would love to see a much darker and insane version of Pennywise.

Old 03-21-2013, 04:00 PM
Undead

This is really just no win... either its original or its a hollow remake. A remake could br awesoe.. but its never going to be the original and without that it will always be missing something. That made no sense did it... makes sense in my brain...

Tags
a nightmare on elm street, freddy krueger, remake