Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Vintage Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-29-2005, 12:52 PM
tonica78

Question Does anyone know the name of this movie?

I was born in 78, and my mom got me watching horror movies when I was like 3 or 4, so this movie had to be early 80's or like 79 or so, but anyway... all I can remember is this family, mom, dad, and three kids, an older girl, a boy and a younger girl were taking a trip in the car and the boy decided to be a dick and tie the older girls shoes together. Well they ended up getting in an accident and the car caught fire. Everyone escaped except the sister whose shoes were tied. She died in the fire. Later on her ghost starts haunting the family and there was a really eerie part where she was under her brothers bed when he looked under it. That's all I can remember. Oh, and the sister who died, her hair was in two braids that were pulled together in the back. Does anyone know the name of this movie? Please, if you know post and let me know. I've been wondering for years!
Old 07-29-2005, 01:18 PM
Undead

Re: Does anyone know the name of this movie?

Quote:
Originally posted by tonica78
... She died in the fire. Later on her ghost starts haunting the family ...
AUDREY ROSE died in a car fire. But that was more of a reincarnation type haunting. I don't think it's probably the same.
Old 07-29-2005, 02:44 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
I was born in 78, and my mom got me watching horror movies when I was like 3 or 4, so this movie had to be early 80's or like 79 or so, but anyway... all I can remember is this family, mom, dad, and three kids, an older girl, a boy and a younger girl were taking a trip in the car and the boy decided to be a dick and tie the older girls shoes together. Well they ended up getting in an accident and the car caught fire. Everyone escaped except the sister whose shoes were tied. She died in the fire. Later on her ghost starts haunting the family and there was a really eerie part where she was under her brothers bed when he looked under it. That's all I can remember. Oh, and the sister who died, her hair was in two braids that were pulled together in the back. Does anyone know the name of this movie? Please, if you know post and let me know. I've been wondering for years!

Sounds cool ´n creepy. I wanna see it!!!:(
Old 08-01-2005, 11:35 PM
Evil Dead

Re: Re: Does anyone know the name of this movie?

I remember the movie BUT for some reason in hell I dont remember the name.

Fulci Lives!!!!
Old 08-02-2005, 05:36 AM
Evil Dead

That is either Don't Go to Sleep or Cathy's Curse. I bet it's the first one.
Old 08-02-2005, 07:24 AM
Banned

Cathy's Curse.
Old 08-02-2005, 07:29 AM
Run, you fools!!!

Quote:
I was born in 78, and my mom got me watching horror movies when I was like 3 or 4, so this movie had to be early 80's or like 79 or so....
Your mum got you watchin movies when you were 3 or 4!!!!????

Is she locked up now???

Its no wonder you have strong memories of this film.

Latas

“I could catch a monkey. If I was starving I could. I’d make poison darts out of the poison of the deadly frogs. One milligram of that poison can kill a monkey. Or a man. Prick yourself and you’d be dead within a day. Or longer. Different frogs, different times.” - Gareth from The Office

“Life is just a series of peaks and troughs. And you don’t know whether you’re in a trough until you’re climbing out, or on a peak until you’re coming down. And that’s it you know, you never know what’s round the corner. But it’s all good. ‘If you want the rainbow, you’ve gotta put up with the rain.’ Do you know which philosopher said that? Dolly Parton. And people say she’s just a big pair of tits.” - David Brent
Old 08-02-2005, 09:06 AM
Undead

It's Mom's fault

Quote:
Originally posted by Preacher
Your mum got you watchin movies when you were 3 or 4!!!!???? Is she locked up now??? Its no wonder you have strong memories of this film. Latas

The equal, but opposite, reason I am a horror devotee to this day. As a young lad, in the late sixties, I walked into the living room where my mother was watching television. On screen, a stage curtain tore and a man swung out - towards the audience - dangling by a noose around his neck! Geezuz!!

Mom turned around, saw me, and screamed, "You can't watch this! Go outside!" I went, but from that moment on was absolutely determined to find out what the heck she'd been watching. And I did. It was Hammer's PHANTOM OF THE OPERA and I've been a horror freak ever since.

Thanks, Mom.

(Sorry for stumbling off-topic).
Old 08-02-2005, 09:21 AM
Banned

Re: It's Mom's fault

Quote:
Originally posted by Lamoreux
The equal, but opposite, reason I am a horror devotee to this day. As a young lad, in the late sixties, I walked into the living room where my mother was watching television. On screen, a stage curtain tore and a man swung out - towards the audience - dangling by a noose around his neck! Geezuz!!

i saw that exact scene as a kid and it scared the shit out of me.
I didnt watch horror movies (wittingly) until i was in my late teens.
Old 08-02-2005, 01:42 PM
The horror of the minds

My parents let me watch horror movies since I was 7. The frist horro movie I ever saw was Friday 13th part 2.
Fear is in the mind of the beholder. If that mind is strong engough fear can be defated. If the minds is weak, and the fear is storng, the fear will control the life. THe fear couldn't be defeated the life would be controled by it forevere.