Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies

Old 06-04-2018, 07:44 AM
Evil Dead

original Bat

Yes, I was right. thank goodness for imdb.com. The Bat, with Price, is a remake of a silent movie from 1926.

For silent suspense, you can't beat "The cat and the canary."
Old 06-26-2018, 08:00 AM
Evil Dead

William Castle and gimmicks

It isn't a Castle movie, but I saw a Japanese science fiction movie in a movie theater (1970?) where they gave members of the audience little models of the monster made of a plastic that felt kind of creepy.

To get back to 3D: I saw a movie called "Eyes of Hell", where this guy has this old Indian mask and, whenever he puts on the mask, he kills people while hallucinating. the hallucinations are in 3D, and when he puts the mask on you are supposed to put on the 3D glasses.

I believe it was a re-release of a movie originally titled The Mask.
Old 06-26-2018, 05:50 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by idoneus1957 View Post
It isn't a Castle movie, but I saw a Japanese science fiction movie in a movie theater (1970?) where they gave members of the audience little models of the monster made of a plastic that felt kind of creepy.

To get back to 3D: I saw a movie called "Eyes of Hell", where this guy has this old Indian mask and, whenever he puts on the mask, he kills people while hallucinating. the hallucinations are in 3D, and when he puts the mask on you are supposed to put on the 3D glasses.

I believe it was a re-release of a movie originally titled The Mask.
Sounds wacky.

Old 06-30-2018, 08:00 AM
Evil Dead

1950s science fiction

There was one called The Monolith Monsters where the monsters were some kind of giant growing crystals from space. If you touch one, it sucks out all the water in your body.

In the opening song from The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Richard O'Brien (Riff Raff) sings "I know Leo G. Carroll/was over a barrel/when Tarantula took to the hills."

Yes, Tarantula was a pretty decent giant-insect movie. I also liked it because it featured Leo G. Carroll. In the 1960s t.v. series The Man From U.N.C.L.E., starring Robert Vaughan and David McCallum as the two spies, he played the boss. Sort of the equivalent of M in the James Bond movies. Carroll plays a similar part in Hitchcock's "North by Northwest."
Old 07-05-2018, 07:51 AM
Evil Dead

movies made from writings

I forget the title, but my public library has a book of sf and horror stories they made movies from. Like The day the earth stood still is based on a short story called Farewell to the master. It's fascinating.