Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-18-2017, 11:27 AM
Little Boo

Crucible of Terror(1971) 7/10
Deadly Strangers(1974) 8/10
Old 07-19-2017, 02:31 AM
Little Boo

Cat's Eye(Anthology comedy horror film from 1985) First story with James Woods 7.5/10, second story with Robert Hays 6.5/10, and last story with Drew Barrymore 7.5/10. Overall I enjoyed it.
Old 07-21-2017, 03:15 PM
This is a test

XTRO 1983

A father returns to try and claim his son after being missing for 3 years. He also claims to have no knowledge or memory of where he's been.

Not quite what I expected but a nice watch.
Old 07-22-2017, 06:17 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryeDwight View Post
THE STUFF (1985). Amusing Larry Cohen flick that doesn't quite make it, but worth checking out once.. **1/2
I'm with you on Stuff.

Last edited by Sculpt; 07-23-2017 at 11:32 AM.
Old 07-24-2017, 07:18 AM
Horror > Everything

I love The Stuff, but I concede that that may have more to do with my being a big Michael Moriarty fan than the film itself.
Old 07-25-2017, 06:32 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dice Rollen View Post
I watched Monster Dog recently. I'd heard about it before, but didn't think of it as anything more than a bad horror movie. However I found that I'm an Cooper fan so I took another look at it. Still bad. But it was enjoyable.
Yeah, it is pretty bad, but You gotta love The Coop. New LP coming out in a couple of days!
Old 07-25-2017, 06:34 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo'd View Post
I love The Stuff, but I concede that that may have more to do with my being a big Michael Moriarty fan than the film itself.
I really like him as well...thought he was excellent in the 1978 Big Event HOLOCAUST and really should see BANG THE DRUM SLOWLY.
Old 07-25-2017, 06:39 AM
Evil Dead

DESPERATE LIVING (1977). Like a lot of John Waters's early films, this has a tendency to go off in different directions, but the first 15 minutes are truly funny and some good gross out scenes too. When I had my Movie Club in the 90's, showed this and one of the members had quite commercial tastes (but to be fair, he did give the off the wall stuff a try) and a few of the scenes , particularly one involving transplants had him bellowing "WHAT THE F--K!!!??!!". ***
Old 07-26-2017, 08:52 PM
Immortal horror fan

The Prowler -

I finally saw this movie and it's pretty good. It reminded me of a harsher Friday the 13th at times. The kills went a bit further than in Friday the 13th. They were meaner and more graphic. The effects were very good and when I saw Tom Savini was credited for the effects I wasn't surprised. Also, I looked up the director and he also directed a Friday the 13th entry. The mean nature of the movie means it wouldn't be that much fun for me to watch again though. I thought the lead actress was cool though and wish she was in a Friday the 13th movie.
Old 07-27-2017, 02:44 AM
Horror Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post
The Prowler -

I finally saw this movie and it's pretty good. It reminded me of a harsher Friday the 13th at times. The kills went a bit further than in Friday the 13th. They were meaner and more graphic. The effects were very good and when I saw Tom Savini was credited for the effects I wasn't surprised. Also, I looked up the director and he also directed a Friday the 13th entry. The mean nature of the movie means it wouldn't be that much fun for me to watch again though. I thought the lead actress was cool though and wish she was in a Friday the 13th movie.
You are suggesting the movie is too dark even for horror fans, ala Cannibal Holocaust?