Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-13-2008, 02:59 PM
Misanthrope

Missing In Action

Love these 80s action cheesefests! I just don't enjoy a lot of the modern stuff.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:01 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
French Connection II

Pretty much pointless...entertaining enough, but its a pretty much just a thinly veiled attempt to cash in on the original.

Pretty much agreed with you on this one Alky.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:42 PM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to bloodrayne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post

Mortuary

Really enjoyed this one. Some creepy moments and Bill Paxton was good value as usual.
This is one of my FAVORITE movies...I really wanted them to make a sequel, just because I wanted more of it

Watched a little over half of Night Listener...Then the DVD started freezing (at the part where the chick started freaking out in the basement with the sweater)...Baby scratched it up pretty good...Guess I'll catch the rest of it later *sigh*

Sooo...I watched the Prom Night and April Fool's Day remakes instead...Neither of these were much like the originals (actually, Prom Night was nothing like the original except that it was based on the night of the prom and people were killed by a nutcase)

I watched the Americanized remake of One Missed Call last night...I really didn't think it was too bad, and the ending made more sense to me than in the Japanese version.

Gonna watch Alligator later tonight...It's been SOOO long since I've seen it...I'm waiting just a little while longer so Dustin can watch it with me :)

My Karma ran over my Dogma

God WAS my co-pilot...But, we crashed in the mountains and...I had to eat him

I'm suffocating in what's become of me...
The rancid remains of what I used to be
Old 11-13-2008, 04:52 PM
Cranky

Good to see you posting in this thread! Please do so more!

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 11-13-2008, 05:03 PM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to bloodrayne
Quote:
Originally Posted by neverending View Post
Good to see you posting in this thread! Please do so more!
Honestly, it's been a little while since I've had time to catch up on movies...I'm really working on it now :)

Can you believe that I just saw Battle Royale this week, for the very first time? :o ...I LOVED it...We'll be watching Battle Royale 2 sometime in the next few days (when the baby is asleep so we can read the subtitles...)

Oh...Also watched Poultrygeist this week...I was really disappointed...Troma has gone the way of Full Moon videos :(

OH! Deathwatch was a REALLY good movie...I'd like to see more movies like that, with some creepiness...The atmosphere was terrific

My Karma ran over my Dogma

God WAS my co-pilot...But, we crashed in the mountains and...I had to eat him

I'm suffocating in what's become of me...
The rancid remains of what I used to be

Last edited by bloodrayne; 11-13-2008 at 05:05 PM.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:07 PM
Top Of The World Ma!!

Hell Ride ... very enjoyable
Old 11-13-2008, 07:00 PM
HDC Resident Cynic

Zeitgeist - 9/10
Thought provoking and intense. I really enjoyed it.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:14 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by urgeok2 View Post
Hell Ride ... very enjoyable
Haha I'm almost embarrassed by the amount of times I've watched this recently :o Its become one of my beer drinkin' flicks.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:16 PM
Hellraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellfire1 View Post
The acting in TGND did take away a lot for me. It was over the top, especially from the Aunt Ruth character. Everyone is one dimensional, even the poor girl you're supposed to feel sorry for. Also, the story being told from David's point of view just seemed very unrealistic to me (the conflict he feels is not developed enough, so his actions, or rather inaction, seem impossible). All this made the film seem almost campy to me.

AAC was the complete opposite. Real characters, better acting = powerful film that never seems to have scenes there just for shock value, as with TGND (you know what scene I'm talking about!). Anyway.,... just one person's opinion. :)
I diffenetly see where you are coming from. And I kinda agree to a certain extent. Although terrible acting, I guess I see TGND more disturbing from some of the scenes we are shown. It made me cringe more.....

However, overall, AAC was a much more, as you say, powerful film and leaved me with a chilling feeling afterwards.

Im in for a comedy tonight folks. Think I'm gonna throw on Step Brothers. Haven't seen it yet....looks freakin halirious....
Old 11-13-2008, 11:09 PM
mostly ghostly?

A Woman Under the Influence (1974)

I don't understand how Cassavetes allows us to just observe his characters. We are shown a crazy wife and a crazy husband, and, for 2 and a half hours, are allowed to know them with such emotional ferocity. What it means to you and how it makes you feel are left completely in your hands.

Fantastic movie.