Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-20-2013, 09:18 AM
For Vendetta

Biopic of Roger Corman will have Quentin Tarantino in title role?!

Quentin Tarantino Will Reportedly Play Roger Corman In Biopic 'Man With Kaleidoscope Eyes'

Quote:
According to a rather casual mention in The Telegraph, Tarantino is going to play Roger Corman in the upcoming biopic "Man With Kaleidoscope Eyes."

Set to be directed by Joe Dante, the 1960s set project is taking a comedic bent to the life and career of the man who gave a number of legends a start in the biz by entrusting them with his lo-fi productions. Jack Nicholson, Ron Howard, Peter Bogdanovich, Robert De Niro and even Dante himself -- all of them can owe their early careers to Corman.

"It's the story of how I made 'The Trip' in the 1960s about LSD. It starred Jack Nicholson in one of his first roles and I took LSD so I knew what it was all about. It was very controversial but it was the only American picture invited to the Cannes Film Festival that year," Corman said to the UK paper about the film. "I have a cameo role in the movie about it, playing the executive who didn't want me to make the film."

Tarantino seems like an odd choice to play the relatively low key, but determined and driven Corman, though perhaps in a comedic setting it'll work. After all, it would be the ultimate way for Tarantino to pay tribute to a filmmaker and producer he clearly adores.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/f...age-of-87.html
Old 09-20-2013, 02:59 PM
Evil is Better

Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Old 09-20-2013, 03:55 PM
Cranky

I think it sounds fine. Tarantino fits the time period and abience of The Trip perfectly. It should be a whocky, over the top film, which fits The Trip to a T.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 09-21-2013, 12:57 AM
Pirate of Bengal

This sounds fun!