Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-22-2014, 11:21 AM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Marlon View Post
I think the two idiot cops already took away some of the seriousness.
And if they would take the victims and families into account, they shouldn't have made the movie in the first place.

I didn't know the movie was based on real murders.
Wasn't mentioned in the beginning or at the end.

I just mean, I think sometimes it's better they use real events as a starting platform and then start adding things to it.
That's what they usually do with movies based on real events.

Anyway, I agree with you.
These are just some thoughts.
I hear what you're saying. I can understand why you felt that way and as for the cops, to me that was just Boon Jong Ho's trademark style of incredibly serious subject matter and tone mixed with screwball comedy.

Old 10-22-2014, 01:28 PM
Evil Dead

6/10
Old 10-22-2014, 07:27 PM
Banned

Dead Snow: Red vs Dead

This is right up there with Dead Alive & Shaun of the Dead

I actually LoL a couple of times.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:57 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to bamahorrorfan87
the cabin in the woods
Old 10-22-2014, 11:45 PM
Pirate of Bengal

The Town That Dreaded Sundown (2014)

The original TTTDS was one of the earliest slasher films in the genre that even came before (in 1976) popular franchises like Halloween & Friday the 13th and I've always been a fan of that flick for its humor, suspense & docu-drama like narration style & last but not the least the haunting ending.
So when I first heard about there will be a new TTTDS, I thought it'd be another pointless, some cash-in effort but last night after watching this new take on T3DS, I'd like to admit...I was pleasantly surprised!!

Directed by Alfonso Gomez-Rejon (the most frequent director of American Horror Story), this new film is a strange version to categorize as a remake, reboot or a sequel; actually it's neither a straightforward remake or sequel...I'm not sure but I think REQUEL (a sequel-ish remake!) can be a more appropriate term for it. After more than half a century of the actual events of The Moonlight Murders that resulted the very making of 1976 original film, this new story is set on present day at the same town, Texarkana that once again begins to plagued by "The Phantom" murders. Interestingly, the 1976 original film is also very much alive in this movie as a film that we know in our 'reality', as in the film the town now maintains a tradition in every Halloween to show a drive in screening of the original film. So, as the film progress we see a fine blend between this version & the original film where some scenes from the original brought back through a kind of flashback style while also creating some copycat murder sequence in this new one. I liked this approach of providing homage to the original; bring it to an entirely new generation. This new & refreshing kind of take & treatment to this already known & filmed story is the most appreciating part of this version. And overall the film is beautifully shot, liked the camera works, the character development was fine for a slasher flick, but still as a slasher it's not above the cliches as well as it comes with a routine ending & weak motive for the killer which I couldn't find much point to it.
And lastly there's another strange part of it and that's the Town itself! It looks like the town hasn't really age after all this years!! May be for the homage issue but though the film is set on late 2013, it still got the 70s vibe almost all over it.

Anyway, there's not much masked killer-slasher flick comes out this days with good or decent budget & film making like this one and still despite some cliches & the ending, as a slasher flick it's pretty good one, IMO.

>>: B+

Last edited by roshiq; 10-22-2014 at 11:49 PM.
Old 10-23-2014, 01:47 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe E Ville View Post
Angra
I watched Memories of Murder some time ago and still enjoyed it. Slow but hey, a crime drama/procedural. Have you watched the Chaser or Detective (AKA Detective C+) or the Murderer? All Korean films as well. Apparently the Chaser is set for a Leonardo DeCraprio remake possibly also starring Ryan Gosling. Ugh, I'll stick with the original. Goseling is good though.
Of the ones mentioned I've only seen The Chaser. It was good.
Old 10-23-2014, 03:06 AM
Evil Dead

THE HISTORY OF THE EAGLES (2013). Extensive (over three hours) bio of the band is really well done-indeed wish most band bios could be like this.
Wife likes them better than I do...think having to be around Henley and Frey (especially) could be annoying, to be kind. ****
Old 10-23-2014, 04:03 AM
Evil Dead

7/10
Old 10-23-2014, 04:57 AM
Evil Dead

How does it compare to V/H/S and V/H/S/2?
Old 10-23-2014, 09:01 AM
Evil Dead

8/10

Tags
movie