Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Music
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-28-2004, 04:39 PM
a people person

megadeath or metallica

as most you already know dave mustain was the origional guitarist for metallica. i was wondering if people liked metallica or megadeath better. myself i liked old metallica (any thing before the black album) better but i like the new megadeath better than all the new shit metallica is putting out.
Old 03-28-2004, 05:00 PM
Post-Moderation

I was never a big Megadeath fan at all. But i WAS a big metallica fan back in the day, when they made actual music. Im quite fond of everything before Load. Too bad they fell off as bad as they did.
Old 03-28-2004, 07:42 PM
Banned

Re: megadeath or metallica

Quote:
Originally posted by last bad move
as most you already know dave mustain was the origional guitarist for metallica. i was wondering if people liked metallica or megadeath better. myself i liked old metallica (any thing before the black album) better but i like the new megadeath better than all the new shit metallica is putting out.
Hmmm I thought the Black album was their best work. I remember the first time I listened to their "And Justice for All" album, I thought it was too thrash-ish, too garbled and not that great, except for "One." I don't know, I have just never liked thrash metal. Most of it seems incoherant. A friend of mine once said that he felt as if all of Megadeath's songs were comprised of 10 minute lyrics, I tend to agree. As far as Metallica's Black album is concerned, "Enter Sandman" and "Nothing Else Matters" won me over. Great songs, IMO. Oh, but everything since the Black album has sucked big time.
Old 03-28-2004, 07:50 PM
Post-Moderation

Quote:
Hmmm I thought the Black album was their best work. I remember the first time I listened to their "And Justice for All" album, I thought it was too thrash-ish, too garbled and not that great, except for "One." I don't know, I have just never liked thrash metal. Most of it seems incoherant. A friend of mine once said that he felt as if all of Megadeath's songs were comprised of 10 minute lyrics, I tend to agree. As far as Metallica's Black album is concerned, "Enter Sandman" and "Nothing Else Matters" won me over. Great songs, IMO. Oh, but everything since the Black album has sucked big time.
Completely agree. Especially about thrash metal. I too love the black album and dont know why everyone chooses that one as the one to bash, i mean they have made SO MUCH shit sense then, Load, Reload, and the current top runner for worst mixed/recorded album of all time ST.ANGER.

I personally love the black album, and it sounds cleaner and crisper than almost any other record ive ever heard. Everything is completely where it should be, you can tell that they easily put $2,000,000 into the recording of that shit. The songs are really top notch as well, i loved "My friend of Misery", "The god that failed", "Sad but true", damn fine songs.
Old 03-28-2004, 07:52 PM
Banned

Oh yeah, "Sad But True" kicked ass. I liked "Hollier Than Thou" as well.
Old 03-28-2004, 07:54 PM
a people person

i do like the black album but i think that was when they started thsi change towards the worse
Old 03-28-2004, 07:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by last bad move
i do like the black album but i think that was when they started thsi change towards the worse

To me, The Black album was like the pinnacle of their career. And you know there is only one direction you can go when your on top, and that is DOWN, which they have.
Old 03-28-2004, 08:07 PM
Post-Moderation

Quote:
To me, The Black album was like the pinnacle of their career. And you know there is only one direction you can go when your on top, and that is DOWN, which they have.
Agreed. And man did they:(
Old 03-28-2004, 08:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Arioch
Agreed. And man did they:(
LOL Yes, "Sad But True" turned out to be a rather prophetic song.
Old 03-28-2004, 08:15 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Evisceration
Everything before Metallica's "Black Album" pwned all of you in the butt.

Except S&M, which was brilliant.