Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > TV Shows
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-24-2013, 04:52 AM
Guitarist Extraordinaire

Perception
Old 07-24-2013, 07:24 AM
Evil is Better

The Killing
Falling Skies

Old 07-25-2013, 05:32 AM
HDC's old chick

Got caught up on some of my shows last night:

Falling Skies
Under the Dome
Nash Bridges
Old 07-25-2013, 07:18 AM
Evil is Better

True Blood

Old 07-25-2013, 07:29 AM
Guitarist Extraordinaire

Under The Dome

Got to watch the first 3 episodes last night. I've haven't read the book so I don't know anything about it.
Old 07-26-2013, 07:29 AM
Immortal horror fan

Under the Dome -

I didn't think this would be a horror show. But the first episode is horror. At least some of the things that happen. This show is like a TV version of The Mist without the monsters. At least so far. I've been hooked and caught up over the last week. I thought the thing with the pretty blonde girl was far fetched. The guy goes from having a hot girl to going complete insane in literally seconds. Having Britt Robertson all to yourself is ideal but this guy goes to a crazy level I can't believe. Thankfully it seems to be resolved in a so so way even though it went on for probably too long. The rest of the town happenings are really good. Just like The Mist, it's about the characters. And that should make for a good TV show. Especially since I've never read the book and it's all new to me.

666 Park Avenue -

I caught up on this after noticing it was on. It's still a pretty good show. The only problem is, like many shows that get cancelled, the writers have to do stuff that they didn't plan. So they either don't come up with good ideas or they don't care. Thus you get what I call the "quickly resolved situations." Characters and events that happen far too easily and don't make any sense if the characters are remotely competent. Only, one more episode to go. I'm not expecting much now.

Zero Hour -

They put this back on without notice. They didn't even leave it on Comcast or Online so I missed the episodes. So I guess whoever is in charge really hates this show.

Falling Skies -

Still an awesome show. I can't wait for the last few episode surprises. The last episode was really good and I will be shocked if they follow through on what they did.

Last edited by ImmortalSlasher; 07-26-2013 at 07:32 AM.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:53 AM
HDC's old chick

Not sure if this goes here or in the Last Seen Movie thread. This morning I watched an HBO documentary called "The Cheshire Murders". It's about a case in Connecticut that involves two individuals who raped and murdered a mother and her two daughters. They also beat the shit out of the father and set the house on fire.

I was working in Connecticut when the trials (they were tried separately) were going on. I remember thinking to myself "I hope they get the death penalty". One of them raped an 11 year old girl. The mother was also raped AFTER she was strangled to death. The documentary makes some interesting accusations toward the Cheshire Police, saying they were OUTSIDE THE HOUSE while all this was taking place. One of the individuals had taken the mother to the bank to withdraw money and she had slipped a note to the teller saying her family was being held captive at the house, who gave it to the bank manager, who called the police. Not once did the police knock on the door or try to call the house phone. They said they were following protocol and setting up a perimeter. Please, someone explain this to me. If they had knocked on the door, these senseless deaths (and rapes) could have been avoided. The cops were outside the house for a HALF HOUR!
Old 07-26-2013, 06:37 PM
Bronson

Am a big fan of the following horror/thriller shows on TV, in order (most on hiatus, some cancelled)

1) Hannibal (on hiatus)
2) The Walking Dead (in production S4)
3) True Blood
4) Dexter
5) Bates Motel (on hiatus)
6) American Horror Story (in production S3)
7) Under The Dome
8) The Following (way to many commercials though, but renewed for S2)
9) X-Files (cancelled)
10) Fringe (cancelled)
Old 07-27-2013, 04:04 PM
Evil Dead

Burn Notice
Old 07-27-2013, 08:09 PM
Immortal horror fan

Cult -

This is another cancelled show that they finally put back on. It's still not the best show but the pieces are coming together far better than in 666 Park Avenue. The show really does seem to be about Cult themes now and how far their leader will go. The guy who plays the leader of the Cult or secret organization is a great bad guy too. Hopefully he'll get more opportunities as a bad guy after this. I'm curious how it will end after the reveal on the second to last episode.