Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-01-2008, 08:55 PM
She's under the stairs

Sunshine had a better score, perhaps thats the difference, but I wasn't overly impressed with either, I thought they both had flaws.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx
Because you want his maggot ridden dick dontcha
Old 02-02-2008, 10:16 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderick Usher View Post
I fucking LOVED Sunshine and can't stand Event Horizon

Yea, and i don't get that.

I don't see what there is to like about Sunshine? Thought especially the direction was horrendous. Kept having a helluva time tryin to figure out where the folks where inside and outside of the spaceship. VERY confusing.

And the build up took forever. :rolleyes:
Old 02-02-2008, 01:07 PM
Infection Form

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
Thankee. It's actually a theme that I wish was explored more in the scifi/outer space genre.
I think the only reason its not, is that its a hard concept for the general public to digest. Alien worked because there was simply a monster stalking people through a ship. A lot of time I try to explain why the film is so terrifying to me (its pure and utter loneliness all the way out there by the Acheron system, and its just you, and 6 others on a huge ship. Damn), and most people don't get it. I have always thought space was scary, its sheer vastness and possibilies inconcievable.

Even Horizon, on the other hand, is scary the same way a Clive Barker novel is scary. The fact that it sort of borrows the setting from Alien (which itself is nothing new, horror set in spaceships was done in some early horror films) serves to make it even more tense. It seens influenced by Barker in its concept of damnation and the idea of other worlds underlying our own, but don't simply think of it as "Hellraiser" in space (thats Hellraiser: Bloodline). Despite having Anderson at the helm, its a very good movie, and one of the scariest films made in the late 90's.
Old 02-04-2008, 05:33 AM
July 18, 2008

I don't understand why people don't like Event Horizon.... this is Horror.com... how can you NOT love it?? It's a classic.

- Totally not Alien at all. Whoever says that needs their head examined.

- The images stay with you long after you're done watching it.

- For christ's sakes, there's a fucking scene where people are eating each other, one guy slams his fist down another person's throat, and then another guy pulls his own eyes out and holds them in his hands up to the camera as if he's "looking" at us. If that scene isn't horror, I don't know what is.

And Sunshine fucking sucked. I think it's a poor imitation of Event Horizon. Same concept, same situations... hell, they even have the same burnt character who kills people on the ship. It's almost TOO obvious that a lot of things were taken from Event Horizon... so I'm not too happy with Boyle for that. It's his most unoriginal and flat movie ever. I just couldn't find myself caring at all.

And if you watch both movies back to back... you have to admit... there are some very uncomfortable similarities going on.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:54 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castlewood View Post

And Sunshine fucking sucked. I think it's a poor imitation of Event Horizon. Same concept, same situations... hell, they even have the same burnt character who kills people on the ship. It's almost TOO obvious that a lot of things were taken from Event Horizon... so I'm not too happy with Boyle for that. It's his most unoriginal and flat movie ever. I just couldn't find myself caring at all.

How the hell did you manage to catch all that?

You stoped, rewind and watched the scene in slow-motion, didn't ya, you sicko? ;)

That's what I did.
Old 02-04-2008, 05:27 PM
July 18, 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
How the hell did you manage to catch all that?

You stoped, rewind and watched the scene in slow-motion, didn't ya, you sicko? ;)

That's what I did.

Hell yes. I won't deny it.
Old 02-04-2008, 11:12 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Hell yes. I won't deny it.

:D

Excellent
Old 02-05-2008, 04:19 AM
Director of the Dead

Send a message via AIM to horrorchic Send a message via Yahoo to horrorchic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady View Post
Sorry if there is already a thread concerning this but the "Search" button is not working for me. After reading this plot "A rescue crew investigates a spaceship that disappeared into a black hole and has now returned...with someone or something new on-board." I can only think of some rip-off of Alien or something of that sort. I read that this was disturbing and scary as hell but by the plot I don't see how. Could someone elaborate on why everyone says this movie is scary and disturbing. Debating on whether I should netflix this or not.
Watch it. It's worth it. I think that it is one of the greatest splice between sci-fi and horror. Won't know till you give it a try yourself though. I vote for you to watch it.

It is disturbing and takes the main charater through a blender. <-- not literally.
Old 02-05-2008, 06:20 AM
Fear scented candle

Quote:
I don't understand why people don't like Event Horizon.... this is Horror.com... how can you NOT love it?? It's a classic.

- Totally not Alien at all. Whoever says that needs their head examined.

- The images stay with you long after you're done watching it.

- For christ's sakes, there's a fucking scene where people are eating each other, one guy slams his fist down another person's throat, and then another guy pulls his own eyes out and holds them in his hands up to the camera as if he's "looking" at us. If that scene isn't horror, I don't know what is.
Event Horizon is pretty indicative of most of Paul W Andersons stuff, great ideas, sometimes great actors, even great special effects, yet somehow, he manages to make them not work. I love half the actors in Event Horizon, and yet i didnt feel a thing for any of the characters. He tried to make me care, but just couldnt pull it off.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:28 AM
Scares Little Kids

event horizon

it is nothing like aliens as there are no aliens in the movie. there are supernatural other dimension type things going on and basically people dealing with their own demons. i liked it and found some parts disturbing which is saying a lot because i've seen plenty of horror movies and i'm always looking for something that is going to disturb me. check it out worst that can happen is you won't like it