Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

View Poll Results: Which Evil Dead film do you like the most?
Evil Dead 8 47.06%
Evil Dead II 9 52.94%
Army of Darkness 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-22-2008, 06:49 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
For me, this is the "Chicken or the Egg?" question of horror films...utterly impossible to choose.

I dont think that Army of Darkness is really on par with the first two, but its still one of the coolest, funniest and most all-around awesome movies that I've ever seen.

EDII is probably the single most fun movie ever made...Bruce is incredible, the gore is awesome and the script is just...well..."Groovy".

The original Evil Dead, on the other hand, is just flat out groundbreaking. Not only did it revolutionize the genre, but it broke boundaries for low-budget indie flicks in general. Plus, it's super atmospheric, really funny (though not as hilarious as II) and even manages to be really, really creepy in parts (which neither of the others can really boast).

It depends 100% on my mood...right now I'd be more inclined to say I prefer Evil Dead II, but if you dig up the 30 other times I've posted in threads like this, I know for a fact that I've put the original on top many times.
Old 05-23-2008, 01:39 PM
Evil Dead

Easily Evil Dead. It was more of an attempt at serious horror. Evil Dead II started in with the Three Stooges slapstick which didn't really impress me too much. Army just continued it to the extreme. Not to say that I don't love II or Army, but out fo the three, I love the first one way more.
Old 05-23-2008, 01:46 PM
No, fuck YOU

Old 05-23-2008, 02:26 PM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post

Same here.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 05-23-2008, 02:40 PM
Tonight's the nght.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
Same here.
I agreeeeee!
Old 05-23-2008, 06:04 PM
Cranky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Return View Post
For me, this is the "Chicken or the Egg?" question of horror films...utterly impossible to choose.

I dont think that Army of Darkness is really on par with the first two, but its still one of the coolest, funniest and most all-around awesome movies that I've ever seen.

EDII is probably the single most fun movie ever made...Bruce is incredible, the gore is awesome and the script is just...well..."Groovy".

The original Evil Dead, on the other hand, is just flat out groundbreaking. Not only did it revolutionize the genre, but it broke boundaries for low-budget indie flicks in general. Plus, it's super atmospheric, really funny (though not as hilarious as II) and even manages to be really, really creepy in parts (which neither of the others can really boast).

It depends 100% on my mood...right now I'd be more inclined to say I prefer Evil Dead II, but if you dig up the 30 other times I've posted in threads like this, I know for a fact that I've put the original on top many times.
I've got agree with your assesment of Evil Dead. When it came out there was NOTHING like it. NOTHING. I can still remember seeing it in the theatre. Right from that opening traveling shot at ground level it was apparent you were in for something really incredible- and not a moment was disappointing.

A truly ground breaking horror film.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 05-23-2008, 07:16 PM
Top Of The World Ma!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverending View Post
I've got agree with your assesment of Evil Dead. When it came out there was NOTHING like it. NOTHING. I can still remember seeing it in the theatre. Right from that opening traveling shot at ground level it was apparent you were in for something really incredible- and not a moment was disappointing.

A truly ground breaking horror film.
the pencil in the ankle alone - set the bar as high as it ever has been for me ...

at that point i knew i was in a new league all together
Old 05-23-2008, 10:06 PM
Pirate of Bengal

I love the first part, in fact it was my first horror movie and I still remember that damn creepy day when I saw it for the first time.... :)
Old 05-24-2008, 12:29 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Within the Woods needs to be given some props too :)
Old 05-25-2008, 07:07 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferox13 View Post
Within the Woods needs to be given some props too :)
I still need to track that one down....I've read about it, but never had the chance to watch it.