Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Vintage Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-14-2011, 01:21 PM
Love is like dying

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
Great movie. I'm not sure which i liked better because i like them both in different ways.
same as me, they are both just as good.
Old 08-15-2011, 12:30 AM
Scares Little Kids

Fearless Vampire Killers!
Old 08-15-2011, 01:58 PM
Evil Dead

"Godzilla Vs The Sea Monster" (1966)

Plot:
Two friends, a bank robber and a man looking for his lost brother, end up stranded on a pacific island populated by some would be world conquerors and protected by a giant lobster. Unknown to the bad guys, Godzilla is asleep inside of the mountains (how a 400 foot tall fire breathing dinosaur can sneak on to an island, bury himself in a mountain and not be seen by anybody is never explained). The good guys wake Godzilla up to fight the lobster creature and take on the bad guys.

Phantom's Review: One of the most fun of the 1960's Godzilla films. My only complaints about this film is 1) it takes a while for Godzilla to show and 2) whenever Toho studio's put Mothra in a film, they felt they needed to put in a long song and dance number showing the natives worshiping the monster. Outside of those two things, this film is fun with plenty of action (once Godzilla shows) and a decent story. Very enjoyable.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:10 AM
Undead

Just saw Lon Chaney's Spider Baby or the Maddest Story Ever Told. Very cheap and very creepy. Way, way better than I expected it to be. I really enjoyed it. And actually got into it enough to get creeped out twice. Sid Haig rocks.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:12 AM
Cranky

That movie is a masterpiece. One of my favorite films.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 08-19-2011, 12:12 AM
Undead

Quote:
Originally Posted by semene View Post
Fearless Vampire Killers!
Watched this again a coupla weeks ago. An all-time favorite. "Oy, have you got the wrong vampire!" (Your Prof. Abronsius drawing is delightful; Jack MacGowran never looked so good). I love him in FVK, he's so Nosferatu as he's making his way across the snowy battlements toward the crypt.

Thanks for the link to your work. Beautiful. Mystifying. Sad. Compelling. It's rare... for me at least, to sit at the computer and experience much beyond frustration. Thanks for the respite.
Old 08-22-2011, 01:33 PM
Evil Dead

"Curse Of The Faceless Man" (1958)
-Richard Anderson
Plot: IMDB

In the excavation of Pompeii, a stone-encrusted body is found with a bronze medallion bearing a strange Etruscan inscription. Carlo Fiorillo, Italian archaeologist, speculates the robust body may hold some life; medical researcher Paul Mallon scoffs at the idea. But people left alone with the seemingly petrified "faceless man" keep dying of crushed skulls; and Paul's artist fiancee Tina starts having strange visions...

Phantom's Review: Lordy! How I love these 1950"s "B" monster movies. Over the top, melodramatic and cheesy as Hell, but with an undeniable charm. This film follows the same basic plot as the Universal "Mummy" movies and is lots of fun to watch. Not even close to being a "classic", but very enjoyable.
Old 08-22-2011, 03:53 PM
Ask the Multivax

Does it include 1969? Because I just watched Yasozu Masumura's 'Blind Beast' a few weeks ago, and it was chilling. Before that would have been Polanski's 'Repulsion' 1965 (about a year ago).
Old 08-25-2011, 11:29 AM
From The Beyond

Repulsion and Spiderbaby are outstanding films-great stuff :)
Old 08-26-2011, 02:05 PM
Evil Dead

"The Devils Hand" (1962)
-Robert Alda

Plot: IMDB
Rick Turner is engaged of Donna Trent and is having nightmares with a beautiful blonde woman dancing in the sky. One night, he is mysteriously driven to a doll shop, and in the next morning he returns to the place with Donna. He finds a doll that resembles his fiancé, but the owner Francis Lamont delivers another doll to him, with the face of the woman of his dreams, Bianca Milan. Rick looks for Bianca and is seduced and convinced by her to join a sect that worships the diabolic Camba, while the health of Donna is threatened by Francis .

Phantom's Review: Dear Gods! What a DULL movie. the acting is fine and it's shot very nicely, but it absolutely goes nowhere. No thrills,no suspense, just a very long 80 minutes. skip this one