Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-11-2004, 07:42 PM
Fulci Lives!

Send a message via AIM to MrShape Send a message via MSN to MrShape Send a message via Yahoo to MrShape
I enjoyed all three Evil Deads. You ask me, Sam Raimi should hold off on Spider Man 3 and make Evil Dead 4 instead. If you go by Army Of Darkness' original ending, it could have Ash up against the Deadites in a Mad Max type world. Certainly couldn't be goofier then AOD.
Old 06-12-2004, 08:21 AM
Get ahold of yourself.

Send a message via AIM to massacre man
how can someone call what is obviously a remake a "rip-off" of course it takes ideas its a REMAKE
Old 06-12-2004, 04:38 PM
zipperface

Send a message via AIM to HappyCamper Send a message via Yahoo to HappyCamper
I'd have to say that Army of Darkness is good, but for very different reasons than for the reasons that Evil Dead 1 & 2 are good. Evil Dead 1 & 2 kicked ass because it was frightening, and had plenty of gore. Army of Darkness was good cause it was meant to be funny. Raimi had wanted to make a third Evil Dead movie, plus if you've watched any of the behind the movie stuff on the DVD's you would know that Raimi is a huge fan of slap-stick comedy, especially of The Three Stooges which makes Army of Darkness's humor make sense. I will agree though that Evil Dead 1 & 2 are far better than Army of Darkness. Bruce Campbell did a kick ass job in all 3 films. If you remember he had some classic lines from the first two films as well. ie: We just chopped up our girlfriend with a chainsaw does that sound FINE!
Just listen to this sentence and tell me what it means. I haven't seen Evil Dead II yet? Would you get the impression that i wanted to see it? Oh, well you couldn't have been dying to see it or else you would have already gone. So in your opinion would I definitely see it?
How the fuck should I know probably!
Why? Because it's a brilliant film, it's so funny, and the soundtrack kicks fucking ass!
Old 06-12-2004, 04:41 PM
zipperface

Send a message via AIM to HappyCamper Send a message via Yahoo to HappyCamper
actually i think i heard that if Raimi decides to make a fourth Evil Dead movie it's going to be a prequel to the original, but I could be wrong.
Just listen to this sentence and tell me what it means. I haven't seen Evil Dead II yet? Would you get the impression that i wanted to see it? Oh, well you couldn't have been dying to see it or else you would have already gone. So in your opinion would I definitely see it?
How the fuck should I know probably!
Why? Because it's a brilliant film, it's so funny, and the soundtrack kicks fucking ass!
Old 06-13-2004, 11:44 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to carnage
Soo many things on this thread to comment on...

There should not be an Evil Dead 4....leave the classic series where it is, a good series...don't ruin it with a knock-off sequel/pre-quel.

There is a "grey-area" difference between a horror movie, and a "dark comedy".......I think Evid Dead movies, along with Bubba Ho-tep, are more of dark comedies....your basic zombie movie is more horror....

Zombies need first to be DEAD before they can be the LIVING dead. Hence, most are "infected" and then DIE...only to come back from the dead. Therefore in 28 days later, the infected do NOT come back to life after killed, and are therefore NOT zombies. Rather they are "infected" humans.....not undead creatures.

I think that's about it for now......"Ok, you win, no more brains"
- Identity
Old 06-13-2004, 09:05 PM
No charge for awesomeness

There's not going to be a 4th Evil Dead. Bruce won't do it, and I don't think Sam would try to do it without Ash.

Here is a link to Bruce Campbell's personal website...

ARE THERE PLANS FOR AN EVIL DEAD 4?
Old 06-14-2004, 07:52 PM
Evil Dead

Well as I said before I only liked the first two Evil Deads and whatever ones that follow are going to be crap because you can't keep carrying a movie on forever it will bore the audience.
Old 06-14-2004, 07:53 PM
Evil Dead

I think that Bruce said no.
Old 06-14-2004, 09:33 PM
legal eyes

Send a message via AIM to jay o2 waster
The best zombie movie is Dead alive
Old 06-16-2004, 03:52 PM
Crow

the Romero trilogy and zombie 3