Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Site Suggestions/Questions
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 07:03 AM
Hellraiser

What Are These Films?! EDIT- SOLVED!

This could be testing, really testing, though with some horror buffs here someone maybe able to get them. I saw both of these film years ago, a decade or so ago on TV on a couple of nights late (midnight-1am) I'm in the UK by the way.

From the first movie all I can remember literally is an old woman riding a bicycle (push-bike) past a car, I'm talking 60+ and they keep seeing this woman riding the bicycle (push-bike). I'm not sure if it's a flashback or something but they see this old woman riding past a number of times. The main characters are in a car, it's dark. Sorry, that's really all I can remember, and you wonder why I can't find out what it is?!

The second movie is even harder, all I can remember is a haunting, like a demon in the house. It's not Poltergeist 1 or (let me in) #2. This family goes crazy, and they dig things up or bury things in the back yard to get rid of it. The demon also appears visually a few times.

Well, if anyone can get the films from this it's incredible. I'm not expecting just thought I'd try anyway, they maybe more common than I think. As I was like 9 when I saw these!
Old 01-10-2011, 07:13 AM
No, fuck YOU

First one is "In the mouth of madness".

The second one is tougher..
Old 01-10-2011, 07:20 AM
No, fuck YOU

Oh, second one could be "Stir of Echoes".
Old 01-10-2011, 07:32 AM
Hellraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
First one is "In the mouth of madness".
Spot on, thanks for that. I can't remember if it was any good just remember the scene with that old woman. Taken me right back that has!

The second one isn't Stir of Echoes. I haven't really described it well, it's nigh on impossible to get it I think. I just remember it being similar to the Poltergeist in how it was written, just a bit more OTT. Ah, if only I could remember more.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:57 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash89 View Post
Spot on, thanks for that. I can't remember if it was any good just remember the scene with that old woman. Taken me right back that has!

It's damn good.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:25 AM
Hellraiser

Watched it again the other day, it's pretty decent. Thanks for letting me know what it was. Finished a little wierdly, took me about an hour to figure out where I'd known that actor from - obviously guy out of the Jurassic Park films!

It wasn't even an old woman but an old man! No wonder I couldn't find it. Must have been the hair. That scene is so clever though, really feels nightmarish, probably because it's so basic. That's the sort of stuff I like in horrors when it's not completely overblown.

-----

Didn't want to start a new topic but wondered if I could get help with a couple more films. Promise I will help when I can in identifying some! I Still have no idea what that demon one is, can't remember anything else, oh well.

There was a film on the horror channel, Zone Horror as it was called (again in the UK) about 3/4 years ago that was about 2 teens/young adults (I think) who saw a castle in the middle of like nowhere. At the end they are trying to get out by walking down a footpath but as much as they walk they keep coming to the same place as where they started?! Any ideas?

There was also another one with the same premise they go to a graveyard late afternoon, get lost and the light starts to draw in, I think they get split up, or one gets taken then at night all this weird sort of sacrificial stuff goes on. Again this was on Zone Horror, about 3/4 years ago. Just remember seeing these but not really paying attention, wouldn't mind giving them another run through.

Need to watch that channel again more, they used to have some horror films that I would never have heard of. Mainly because they were all low budget but again some were quite eerie, due to the simple nature. Well, at least the ones after like midnight the ones at 10 used to be incredibly bad versions of the slasher genre. Sky Movies just seem to play the same horror films over and over, think I've seen the remake of Halloween 2 like 5 times in the last 2 months..! I swear it's on 3/4 times a week.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:12 PM
Banned

I would say The Changling for the second movie in the OP but it was only one man, not a family. Amityville Horror maybe?
Old 01-23-2011, 10:03 AM
Hellraiser

Nah, it's neither of those sorry.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:30 AM
Evil Dead

Yeah, In the Mouth... is an amazing movie. In short, Sam Neill + horror = excellent.

On the other horror, what was the approximate production date and was the story set modern or period?
3. suspiria
4. the exorcist
5. ringu
6. tcm
7. exorcist III
8. the omen
9. haute tension
10. creep

Old 01-24-2011, 07:19 AM
Hellraiser

Yeah, thanks to Angra for pointing me to it, was looking for it for years. As I said before I thought it was an old woman on a bike (must have been the hair!) that didn't help in my quest to find it!

I'd guess mid-80's. It was modern, usual typical American home really. I don't know I really can't remember much else about it. It's not a common film like the Exorcist, Poltergeist, Amityville Horror (any version, sequel etc). I saw it about 12 years ago, on TV, so it's not a new film at all.

There's probably more hope in people being able to figure out the ones I talked about a few posts back, I'll try to elaborate:

Quote:
There was a film on the horror channel, Zone Horror as it was called (again in the UK) about 3/4 years ago that was about 2 teens/young adults (I think) who saw a castle in the middle of like nowhere. At the end they are trying to get out by walking down a footpath but as much as they walk they keep coming to the same place as where they started?! Any ideas?
Massive castle! Think there were people inside it, again pretty sacrificial sort of idea. Could be foreign can't 100% remember if it was subtitled or not. They keep trying to get away but can't as they walk down a footpath for ages but keep coming to the entrance of the castle (where they were when they started walking).

Quote:
There was also another one with the same premise they go to a graveyard late afternoon, get lost and the light starts to draw in, I think they get split up, or one gets taken then at night all this weird sort of sacrificial stuff goes on. Again this was on Zone Horror, about 3/4 years ago. Just remember seeing these but not really paying attention, wouldn't mind giving them another run through.
Quite grainy, eerie. Both seemed to be quite low budget, so they weren't your usual run of the mill blockbusters. If you're not from the UK this channel shows films like "Satan's Little Helper" & "The Driller Killer" this is not a movie channel that gets big horror films, at all.
Closed Thread